Photo

Master/named monsters and conditions (stun,etc.)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Snakeye

Snakeye

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

in Descent 1e, Master/named monsters could not get conditions like stun. Is it the same in 2e? I can find no reference anywhere that it is, but thought to ask.

#2 KristoffStark

KristoffStark

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

Snakeye said:

in Descent 1e, Master/named monsters could not get conditions like stun. Is it the same in 2e? I can find no reference anywhere that it is, but thought to ask.

I have seen no rule to that effect.

#3 Antistone

Antistone

• Members
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

In first edition, named monsters (not masters) were immune to stun (nothing else).  There was just a special rule specifically for stun, no general immunity rule.

Second edition has no such rule, though lieutenants can resist some conditions that other monsters cannot due to the fact that they have attributes (other monsters automatically fail all attribute tests, and thus, for example, cannot recover from poison).

#4 WittyDroog

WittyDroog

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Also you have to consider some abilities specifically target things like "Minions" or "Monster Groups" which might exclude Masters, Lieutenants, etc.

#5 Snakeye

Snakeye

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:06 AM

Thank you all for the replies. Couldnt find any rules that said anything of the sort but thought to double check with the community

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS