paintin' stuff

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#1 Antizombie

Antizombie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

Hey all, i decided to paint up some of my shiny new decent stuff since the game is so much fun ( painted figures always make things loads better). I figure I would start with the heroes then if i feel like it i would move onto the red then white monsters.

I invite anyone else who wants to put their painted stuff up to put it here too I like sharing :).

Here is my first hero, second one is halfway home too.

peace out all,

AZ

• Evabelle likes this

#2 Coldmoonrising

Coldmoonrising

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:47 AM

Jain looks great, awesome job there. I was contemplating making a thread as well for all the figures I've been painting and I guess I'll share mine as well. I've been paiting all the D1e heroes that I got my hands on (minus Alter of Despair). I'll add my links after this post and if anyone is interested in seeing them now, you can go to my instagrid (instagram) page (pst, follow me if you like my paiting skills, I update slowly as I have little time to paint each night).

#3 Antizombie

Antizombie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:56 AM

Thanks CMR i would apreciate your links. Its always cool to see what people are doing and have it in one place.And your stuff looks great btw.

#4 Coldmoonrising

Coldmoonrising

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

Most of the figures haven't had their bases finished as I'm not sure how I want to handle most of these.

#5 Coldmoonrising

Coldmoonrising

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:10 AM

Thanks a lot. I have one trauma story with paiting Zyla. I got to much primer on her and had to strip it the best I could, hence why she didn't come out as great as the others did.

I also changed my painting style a bit a few figures in and now I feel they've come out even better.

My favorites so far are Trenloe, Silhoutte, and Grey Ker

#6 Coldmoonrising

Coldmoonrising

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:10 AM

Bah, double replied by accident…

#7 Coldmoonrising

Coldmoonrising

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

Just finished him but he was started a few days ago.

#8 Antizombie

Antizombie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:28 PM

Got another one done but I don't know who to paint next

• Evabelle likes this

#9 Coldmoonrising

Coldmoonrising

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

Another great one, I like your take on the colors. I'd say work on Leoric or Ashrian. 

#10 Pierzasty

Pierzasty

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:19 AM

Coldmoonrising said:

Another great one, I like your take on the colors. I'd say work on Leoric or Ashrian. 

Seconding this. Your color schemes are awesome and I'd love to see how you'll differentiate those 3 turquoise characters.

#11 Antizombie

Antizombie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:05 AM

Pierzasty said:

Coldmoonrising said:

Seconding this. Your color schemes are awesome and I'd love to see how you'll differentiate those 3 turquoise characters.

The real problem will be me not using my new purples for every single character…

#12 Antizombie

Antizombie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:51 AM

Another one done! choice was courtesy of my wife. Sadly my 2 mp camera doesnt pick up reds very well. Next up is dwarfy

• Evabelle likes this

#13 jwdenzel

jwdenzel

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

You guys are all so freaking talented.  Can I pay you paint all mine? 

:D

#14 mastrcbaoth

mastrcbaoth

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

#15 Antizombie

Antizombie

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

Thank ye kindly Beoth, He looks great :). I am not looking forward to painting those large monsters ( cept the dragons). Your guy looks great though I hope mine turn out that well.

#16 mastrcbaoth

mastrcbaoth

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

Thanks! The big ones are way easier :)  More room to move around.  If your heroes are any indication, your monsters will come out great. 

#17 Coldmoonrising

Coldmoonrising

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

Just finished Avrel Worldwalker a few moments ago.  The hardest part with her was mixing her jump suit color. Used a combination of brown, red and purple to get the desired effect.

#18 Malicain

Malicain

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:17 AM

WOW! She is excellent.

#19 Assussanni

Assussanni

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:53 AM

All the models in this thread look stunning! Using my first action to overcome this effect I'll use my second to ask: roughly how long it takes you to paint a model?

Happy gaming (or rather, happy painting) and apologies for the lame joke…

#20 Coldmoonrising

Coldmoonrising

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

Malicain and Assussani,

Thanks for the complements. I'm always so worried when I start working on the details (once they've had their initial dark colored washed) that they're gonna come out terrible.

When I first started painting them, I was a bit out of practice but once I refined my techniques I've gotten the process down to about 2-3 hours (roughly) depending on how complex the model is. My next painting target is Shiver and he'll probably be rather easy to paint considering he's only shades of dark and light blue.

Once I've finished all of 1st edition, Dungeon Quest, and promo characters (I luckily scored all 4 from the weekend retailer event) I'll be moving on the the 2nd edition heroes. They'll probably take a bit longer considering the amount of detail each model has.

On a side note about my 1st edition heroes, I don't have the 2nd expansion (Altar of Despair), RtL or SoB, so if there so I won't be able to showcase my painting skills on AoD or any characters that may have come from RtL or SoB.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS