Do Axis "rockets" count as grenades?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 calvinc71

calvinc71

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

Question came up last night…  The fliegerfaust, panzerfaust, and panzerschreck are all described as rockets.  Do they cause the automatic suppression and no-cover saves as described for grenades on pg 58?  Seems like they should get the same benefit, otherwise only the Axis sniper squad has grenades…

#2 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

Nothing in the rules giving those weapons grenade abilities, and yes, it's a big irritation for me, all these grenadier units and not one grenade between them - even the descriptions say they have them but the profiles don't!

#3 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

MM is right. However, the Fliegerfausts may fire a burst fire by stating, "I'm using Burst Fire mode" and placing an "Out of ammo" marker on their unit which means they can't fire again until they take a reload action. This will give that one attack the, "Burst" SA ignoring cover. 

#4 calvinc71

calvinc71

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:09 AM

Yeah, I guess that's clear enough…  I think I just need to spend more time looking through the core book to find the rules that balance in the Axis favour…

I can accept that there's gameplay balance to consider, though it kinda interrupts my imagined narrative/story when I play…  I suppose, I'm getting caught up in semantics--maybe it wouldn't bother me so much if granatwerfers were called raketewerfers instead…

#5 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:03 AM

calvinc71 said:

Yeah, I guess that's clear enough…  I think I just need to spend more time looking through the core book to find the rules that balance in the Axis favour…

I can accept that there's gameplay balance to consider, though it kinda interrupts my imagined narrative/story when I play…  I suppose, I'm getting caught up in semantics--maybe it wouldn't bother me so much if granatwerfers were called raketewerfers instead…

My personal opinion, the Grenatwerfer needs errata. Originally, Spray weapons ignored cover. Then they changed the SAs so Spray could encompass more weapons as a descriptive term, referring to models in target unit = dice rolled per S stat. then they gave Grenades the Grenade SA and Flamethrowers and some Arty the Burst SA. I think in the change-over they forgot to give the Grenatwerfer the Grenade ability. But that's pure conjecture on my part. 

As far as balance goes, the Axis balance is in the form of better armor and bigger long-range threat. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS