Movement - Sorry if this is Lame

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lklindt

lklindt

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:56 AM

I've played one game so far (by myself playing all four sides) and the most confusing part of the rules for this game are the movement rules. Below is what I think are the correct rules. Hopefully this summary is correct.

There are essentially two movement phases in each turn. The initial Maneuvers movement and the final Invasion movement. "Maneuvers" and "Invasion" are not necessarily descriptive of what happens during these phases, so I will add "Initial" and "Final" to clarify what is going on.

In the initial maneuvers movement phase, all units can move except for infantry and partisans. Mechanical Units move 1, helicopters move 2, and bombers move 4. Infantry and partisans can move if they're carried by a mobile unit. At the end of the initial maneuvers movement phase, all units must be in a friendly territory with the following two exceptions
1. Bombers can end in an enemy territory with a battle marker on it.
2. Helicopters can end in an unoccupied non-city territory. This is called "scouting", and the helicopter is not allowed to move or attack for the rest of the turn.

In the final invasion movement phase, all units can move the same number of territories as above, but the infantry and partisans can move 1 all on their own. At the end of the final invasion movement phase, all units must be in a friendly territory, or an empty enemy territory with a battle marker.

So, that means that over the course of your turn, a bomber can move 8 spaces, 4 in the initial maneuvers phase and 4 in the final invasion phase.

#2 Cabello

Cabello

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

Sounds completely correct to me. A good summary of movement in the game. Was there a particular point or question reguarding it though?

#3 roglass1

roglass1

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

You have it essentially correct. The key is that in the early turns the invaders have  NO  friendly territories in the US, so until they have some successful attacks, with the required advance placed battle markers so they can be converted to friendly, the turn 2 and after first phase movement will have no friendly spots to move into on phase 1. And the invader really really needs friendly spots to move into on phase 1 movement. So plan your attacks and protect your invasion/freindly zones accordingly.

Ron

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS