Question on Elder Mok passive ability

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Are_U_A_Dur

Are_U_A_Dur

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

Need to clarify on his ability. Do he gain the health and fatigue on the following situation?

1) When heroes within 3 spaces on him stand up and gain the health/fatigue by rolling the 2 red dice?

2) Passive ability of Varikas The Dead? Do Mok gain the fatigue as well?

3) Health pot and fatigue pot drink by heroes?

4) Surges used by other heroes to recover fatigue during attack?

5) Heals receives by other heroes 3 spaces away from him?

6) Any other abilities or skill that trigger by other heroes which leads to recover of health and fatigue.

Also the ability does not mention once per turn so I believe this can trigger multiple times. And if all the situation I mention above can trigger his ability, I think he can be officially crown as the King of Leech. LOL!

#2 Are_U_A_Dur

Are_U_A_Dur

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

Bump!  Bump! Bump!

#3 Rico

Rico

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

I don't recognize this named, so I assume you are referring to a D1e Hero? If so, there is a thread discussing the conversion kit here

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=256&efcid=1&efidt=687971

#4 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:14 AM

It would be extremely helpful if you could include the text of the ability you have questions about.  Otherwise those of us without the CK handy aren't going to be able to help you.

#5 exy

exy

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

Are_U_A_Dur said:

Need to clarify on his ability. Do he gain the health and fatigue on the following situation?

1) When heroes within 3 spaces on him stand up and gain the health/fatigue by rolling the 2 red dice?

2) Passive ability of Varikas The Dead? Do Mok gain the fatigue as well?

3) Health pot and fatigue pot drink by heroes?

4) Surges used by other heroes to recover fatigue during attack?

5) Heals receives by other heroes 3 spaces away from him?

6) Any other abilities or skill that trigger by other heroes which leads to recover of health and fatigue.

Also the ability does not mention once per turn so I believe this can trigger multiple times. And if all the situation I mention above can trigger his ability, I think he can be officially crown as the King of Leech. LOL!

Since the CK isn't widely available yet, I'll post EM's Hero Ability (from the preview image on BGG) for others' convenience:

"Whenever another hero within 3 spaces of you recovers 1 or more Health, you recover 1 Health. Whenever another hero within 3 spaces of you recovers 1 or more Fatigue, you recover 1 Fatigue."

1) No, Mok recovers 1 Health if nearby heroes recover (plus 1 Fatigue if they roll any Surges).

2, 3, 4) I don't see why not, so long as they're within 3 spaces.

5) You mean that a hero within 3 spaces is healed by another hero who is more than 3 spaces from Mok? All that matters is whether the one who recovered Health was within 3 spaces.

6) EM doesn't restrict what kind of causes of recovery trigger his ability, just the distance.

#6 Nexx

Nexx

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Question: if I heal someone within three spaces, do I also get healed as Elder Mok?

additionally, if I perform a heal that targets two heroes within three spaces, does Mok now get TWO hearts (since two people recovered health)

#7 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Nexx said:

Question: if I heal someone within three spaces, do I also get healed as Elder Mok?

additionally, if I perform a heal that targets two heroes within three spaces, does Mok now get TWO hearts (since two people recovered health)

Yes, you would be healed your 1hp if you as Elder Mok healed another hero within 3.

Additionally, yes, if each hero heals respectively one or more hearts, Elder Mok would gain hearts for each other hero that healed (so long as within 3). For example, if an entire 4-hero party were healed within 3 spaces of Elder Mok as part of one action, Elder Mok would get his own healing, and then 3 additional hp, one from each member that was healed. Then if there is any other healing during that round of other heroes within 3 of Elder Mok, that is more health for him to regain, 1 point per recovery. Do not also forget the fatigue he can recover in a likewise fashion as health.

Did anyone say how awesome D2 Elder Mok is yet?

#8 Nexx

Nexx

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

I'm playing as him right now… as a healer. This should be fun.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS