allied flyers

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 fireman_mm

fireman_mm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

i was wondering if anyone knew if the allies were getting flyers in the future? i would love to see a mustang go toe to toe with a ssu chopper

#2 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

Yes, we know for sure that the other factions will get fliers at some point, probably not that far off. In the text for the SSU heavy anti-aircraft tank, they say it was created to attack the enemy's aircraft (obviously), so that unit won't have much purpose to exist until the axis and/or allies get some aircraft.

#3 fireman_mm

fireman_mm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

so what scale would a flyer have to be to fit into dust tactics?

#4 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

fireman_mm said:

so what scale would a flyer have to be to fit into dust tactics?

The game is 1/48 scale.

#5 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

Though they tend to make vehicles relatively compact.

#6 Lska

Lska

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

I'm afraid we won't see mustangs or other fast movers in the game. From what i recall only stable flying units will be released officially.

#7 Algesan

Algesan

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:59 AM

Lska said:

I'm afraid we won't see mustangs or other fast movers in the game. From what i recall only stable flying units will be released officially.

Mainly because in games at this scale the fast movers flash past and are gone.  Usually simulated as a once a game attack run that the opponent may or may not get a one shot try to interdict.

#8 fireman_mm

fireman_mm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:56 AM

so would it have to be some form of chopper or hovercraft?

#9 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:58 AM

fireman_mm said:

so would it have to be some form of chopper or hovercraft?

Yeah, chopper and Harrier-style hovercraft seem to be the best fit for Dust Tactics. Just zooming across the battlefield doesn't really work in this game.

#10 golem101

golem101

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:07 AM

I can totally see some light Axis flyers shaped like the bladed saucers used by Syndrome's mooks in "The Incredibles" (image here). Maybe two-seaters, with a swiveling MG 48 or even a laser werfer.

#11 fireman_mm

fireman_mm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

the only thing I would really like to see is an osprey style mustang, in the form of a dual rotor blades on the wing tips, mainly for anti aircraft or anti tank. Idk if it'd be worth it but I'd like to do a a conversion using a 1/48 scale mustang with the dual blades. any thoughts?

#12 Grand Inquisitor Fulminarex

Grand Inquisitor Fulminarex

• Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

In some of the fluff the it is mentioned the Axis are light in air power due to having to focus on the Allied bombing campaigns over Europe. In Warfare, the Allies receive a B-17r strike as an optional ability.

From what I understand, they are expected to have a stand alone air to air game eventually. I cant recall where I read it but it is somewhere.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS