Photo

Starting skills for a house rule we use.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 douglas9521

douglas9521

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:05 AM

Hi all,

looking for some suggestions to a house rule we have but one of our players has come up with a fair point.In our game all players begin with the pilot(personnel) skill as they would have learnt it during their service in our minds.The assault astartes speciality then gets the talented-pilot(personnel) to show that's why he's staying on that route of expertise.We now have a new player who is following the route of a son of fenris and has pointed out how they don't go in for that jump pack shenanigans.We thought this was a very good point so we gave him resistance(cold) to replace the pilot(personnel) skill that we give all starting players but he still wants to go for the assault astartes path so any suggestions what skill to accent his being an assault orientated son of Russ?Any help will be much appreciated :) 

#2 Kshatriya

Kshatriya

• Members
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

Not all Space Wolves have a turn at using the jump pack, but a number of them do - Skyclaw packs. Just fluff him as being a Skyclaw. Then he'd have learned Pilot: Personal. Problem solved.

Also Space Wolves get another Heightened Senses and Counter-Attack for free, they don't really need much help.

#3 douglas9521

douglas9521

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:08 AM

Cheers bud,certain possibilities there.Never heard of skyclaws before but not been into TT for a long,long while so nothing unusual there:) I can find the heightened senses smell but cant find the free counterattack talent for them.Am I missing something?

#4 bogi_khaosa

bogi_khaosa

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

Counter-Attack and Flesh Render are both in the errata.

#5 herichimo

herichimo

• Members
  • 867 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

Well sure, most space marines go through their assault phase. But, is their jet-pack license up to date when they join the deathwatch? Or will they have to go through a re-training course in order to re-qualify on the use of the equipment?

Soldiers rarely forget how to shoot their rifles, but they have to re-qualify on them every year.

#6 Kshatriya

Kshatriya

• Members
  • 2,686 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:01 PM

Also it's SO CHEAP to buy, it's hardly worth quibbling over.

#7 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:30 AM

I'm of the generous sort. I give all of my Deathwatch 1,000 xp worth of free skills. Specifically, they get Drive (Skimmer/Hover), Pilot (Personal), and Survival added to their starting skills. The Assault Marines specialty increases one of the starting Drive or Pilot skills to +10.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS