what to base with, and about the stickers

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 VelosaRaptor

VelosaRaptor

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

I have the box set germans and usa do you base them first or just start painting schemes on the color they are already, and how do you handle the stickers if you base them just make your own or what? thanks

#2 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

As to weather to base them before or after paint its really down to personal preference and how you are basing them. I like to do it last but I do pretty simple bases mostly just a sand with gravel style base. for painting them the base primer is fine to use as your schemes base color its all really down to preference and how much effort you want to put in to paint. I'm assuming stickers = decals but I don't use them so I wouldn't be able to say much other then iether paint around the ones already on the models or paint over them.

#3 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

I think he might be talking about base coating of paint on the walker and not the basing as I first thought. If it is about undercoating the walker, then I just use the colour of the model as a base coat.  I generally stipple a very similar colour to break up the mono-colour add the cammo, normally just white in my case and then weather the vehicle or apply a wash to infantry.  I generally work around the decals and leave them in place.

#4 VelosaRaptor

VelosaRaptor

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:09 AM

yea sorry I meant base coat thanks for the tips

#5 2pissed

2pissed

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:52 AM

paint over the decals and buy new ones from the other Paolo Parente's Dust site. dirt cheap and some other cool stuff, 

shipping to Canada doesn't seem to change .

#6 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

If you paint over the original decals you can wipe them off with a little rubbing alcohol.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS