Söhne Sigmars Scenario Contest in German starting 1st August 2012

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Glorian Underhill

Glorian Underhill

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

The german Podcasters of the Söhne Sigmars Podcast (Sons of Sigmar) for the 3rd Edition of the Warhammer Roleplaying game start their contest for this August.

As far as I know all participants need to send stuff in german. Lots of german stuff to win. Creature handbook, Player Vaults and dice (can't have enough of these).

Exact ruleset is discussed in their current Episode: www.soehne-sigmars.de/2012/07/szenario-wettbewerb-august-2012/

There is also the link to the discussion at the Alte Welt Forum. altewelt.net/viewtopic.php

But all in all it is a two page scenario contest with a lot of free room for the participant. Scenario should but not must contain specific 3rd Edition rules. Some good Npcs would be good, some twists and possible most Warhammeresque. There is no restriction on location or setting in the Warhammer World. Could be a scenarion, a barscene, a bossfight or a simple dungeon.

Even bad tries have a good chance to win something. If you use stats from npcs or bad guys you are only restricted to current german publicated stuff. Which is quite narrow at the moment as only the three handbooks and three player vaults have been released in german.

For other stats or cards there is no restriction that the participants have to use Strange Eons. After the winners have been anounced the guys from Söhne Sigmars will contact all participants and bring the entries into a big pdf file with a common layout. They will than assist on building cards with Strange Eons or other tools.

#2 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:05 PM

Good job getting this going.

jh

#3 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

Ok, I whipped up a 2 page entry for you with a map.  It's short series of encounters where the countryside and road before the characters has been flooded.

The only German I know is my last name, so I'll see what I can do with google translate (that should be funny :).  I'll also send you the original in English.

[edit update:  Here is the link to the scenario, Schlecten Weg (bad trail):  dl.dropbox.com/u/167876/wfrp3%20encounter%20Bad%20Trail%20by%20jay%20h.docx

I only had an hour tonight so I didn't flesh it out completely and I have no idea if the google translate is even close, so the English version is beneath (with a crude map).  I hope it suits your needs.

Please forward this posting to the altewelt.net forum.  I can't find my password and I need to go to bed :)

]

Jay H

#4 Glorian Underhill

Glorian Underhill

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:46 AM

Well, Jay your google translation is horrible. :)

Once I read the english version I know what monsters you were talking about. But the Map is great! :)

Maybe a real german -->me<-- should make a translation for your entry. I've send you a pm.

If anybody else is interested in a german translation I will see what I can do, or find another one from the german  Alte Welt forum.

But what do you want to do with a german handbook, or Action cards is beyond my imagination. But the dice might be always worth a try. :)

#5 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:12 AM

Thanks for the translation.  I didn't enter to win, so no prize necessary.  I entered to support your efforts.

FOR THE EMPIRE!!!

JH

#6 zwobot

zwobot

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:22 AM

Hei Jay, great effort, i wil, get in touch with Florian for your scenario. As one of the Sons of Sigmar i can tell you, if ou win a price like an POD from FFG for WHFRP would be realistic. I am hoping for a lot of entries, and if you like we can try to translate the good ones to englisch!

#7 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

I would be willing to help with that as well.  I've looked at some of the German language scenarios (through translation programs) and there are a lot of good ones.  Yes, we should collaborate.

I'm still waiting for a couple more authors to step up on this end, and then I'll make it official.  :)

I don't hope to win anything with my entry, as it is very bland, but I wanted to throw some creative energy your direction.

Jay H

#8 zwobot

zwobot

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

Emirikol said:

…, but I wanted to throw some creative energy your direction.

Great, creative energy is the best kind. I hope fo some german authors to throw there pen in the ring and got some not WHFRP 3rd players to take an interest in this contest. So let us hope for the best. And thanks to Glorian that old dwarf for posting this here!

#9 Marleron

Marleron

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

That´s a pretty  nice  Scenario.

Great idea, short  and perfekt  for  a  lot  of  fun and danger.

I like  your map.

At least  we  will send  you  some  of  our  "soehne sigmars" buttons.

#10 Glorian Underhill

Glorian Underhill

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

A very small sneakpeek of my szenario with my Action Cards and a map for a ship using the Dreadfleet Location Cards.

vierzwergeundeinhund.blogspot.de/2012/08/vorschau-auf-meinen-beitrag-fur-den.html

#11 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:50 AM

The concept looks exciting already!

jh

#12 Glorian Underhill

Glorian Underhill

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:16 AM

The german scenario contest has finished and the crew of the Söhne Sigmars are reading through the entries to make a ranking.

Entries according to their blog/podcast are:

Blut im Weinkeller
Böser Mond, du stehst so stille
Der Bretonische Händler
Hexentanz
Kanalratten
Pipi…Piraten!
Das Tournier
Wie von Sinnen
Wohin die Karte führet
Der Zirkus kommt in die Stadt

Most of them are 3 or 4 pagers, but there is also one 42 page adventure monster in it. After final editing with the authors a hardcopy version of it will be made and used as a promotional giveaway. At the moment I'm not sure if it will be translated into another language.

check the current episode for the discussion about the contest: www.soehne-sigmars.de/ only in german though.

#13 Emirikol

Emirikol

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

Any of you still got a copy of the encounter I wrote up for this?  My hard drive is burned.

wfrp3  encounter Bad Trail 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS