With Mack Martin's Departure…

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 yakmandoo

yakmandoo

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

…does anyone know who the "voice" of Dust Warfare will be?  I know we'll prolly find out at Gen Con, but I'm curious to see how the company gets behind the community with communication.  Alot of good momentum in the community with Dust-War and UnitForward.  There's also some podcasting rumbling out there.

#2 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:34 AM

yakmandoo said:

…does anyone know who the "voice" of Dust Warfare will be?  I know we'll prolly find out at Gen Con, but I'm curious to see how the company gets behind the community with communication.  Alot of good momentum in the community with Dust-War and UnitForward.  There's also some podcasting rumbling out there.

Zack has been the lead FAQ guy recently, it sort of sounds like he might take over, but nothing official yet

#3 yakmandoo

yakmandoo

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:39 AM

Sweet thanks…Zack seems like a cool dude.  Let us know what we can do to help!  Yes, I'm becoming a fanboi…new for me the Ever-cynic.

#4 Tarnis Phoenix

Tarnis Phoenix

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

Zach is awesome… just sayin.

#5 KevinBakon

KevinBakon

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

How do we know Mack is moving on? 

#6 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:56 AM

KevinBakon said:

How do we know Mack is moving on? 

Because he's already left to work for Wyrd Miniatures. 

Here is his introduction over there (Post #208)Mack Martin Joins Wyrd  

#7 Hatamoto

Hatamoto

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:14 AM

a new vision for the rules would be awesome

#8 KevinBakon

KevinBakon

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:00 AM

I'm really bummed! Seems like he had a great sense for keeping the rules sleek and fun. Here's hopinghe is replaced with someone as sharp. Good luck to Mack in the future. 

#9 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:23 AM

Sounds goo, hopefully we might get a rewrite with less mistakes.

#10 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:22 AM

Mack is gone! I feel bad for Wyrd.

#11 DoomOnYou72

DoomOnYou72

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:25 AM

Id have to agree with Kevin Bacon good luck man. I like the games foundation you and Andy set up in the rules.

#12 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:41 AM

DoomOnYou72 said:

Id have to agree with Kevin Bacon good luck man. I like the games foundation you and Andy set up in the rules.

My thoughts as well. However, I have full confidence in FFG's Zach Tewalthomas and Corey Konieczka, as well as Dust Studios' Olivier Zamfirescu (game design & continuity) and their abilities to keep this ship steaming in the right direction. They're good people with sharp minds. 

#13 Warboss Krag

Warboss Krag

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Just so long that some pointy-haired idiot from a corner office doesn't take over dictating retardation into the game. I'm so annoyed at the retard rules in 40K 6th that I'm afraid I'm hitching my minis wagon to Warfare's star; you can see why I'm leery of their decisions. Already we are seriously lacking support for the SSU; the minis drop was a bit half-hearted (translation: Without the airmobile KVs and the attack chopper, they don't stand up very well against the sort of armor-heavy German force I usually employ).

#14 slainex

slainex

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

Hopefully the next FAQ from these new people will fix some of he glaring balance issues that have been ignored so far. i.e. Recon Grenadiers having no grenades even as their description clearly states "Grenades and Panzerfausts ensure Recon Grenadiers can deal with a wide range of enemies at close quarters.", Laser Grenadiers (nuff said).

#15 DUST-Warfare

DUST-Warfare

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:06 PM

Long time lurker and first time writer.

Honestly, I'm very curious who this Christopher Seefeld guy is from the Zverograd book credits. He's credited in many FFG's games yet this book he has a special credit. Is he the new "voice"? I mean just do a search for his name and FFG on google and it comes up with some interesting stuff, could be looking into it too much though as always. I'm just waiting til GenCon to hear some more info about the future of Dust Warfare as I've already bought heavily into it.

#16 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

DUST-Warfare said:

Long time lurker and first time writer.

Honestly, I'm very curious who this Christopher Seefeld guy is from the Zverograd book credits. He's credited in many FFG's games yet this book he has a special credit. Is he the new "voice"? I mean just do a search for his name and FFG on google and it comes up with some interesting stuff, could be looking into it too much though as always. I'm just waiting til GenCon to hear some more info about the future of Dust Warfare as I've already bought heavily into it.

Chris Seefeld is a long time play tester/ Demo team member for many of FFG's games he is not officially on their pay roll for anything. The reason Seefeld got special credits was because he helped Mack a lot with the play testing for Zverograd nothing else. Really don't read into it the current guy running Dust development was announced as Zach Tewalthomas I believe. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS