Surge abilities question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 J0shjames

J0shjames

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:59 PM

So this is probably a pretty basic question but I noticed on the combat example in the rule book that with Tomble's equipped weapon you could spend a surge to get +1 range, +1 damage. The text seems to treat this comma as an or, so by spending one surge you could either get +1 damage OR +1 range but intuitively to me, a comma would denote that you would get both +1 range AND +1 damage. Is it possible that this is a typo in the rule book or is the comma equivalent to an OR as opposed to an AND? Maybe I'm just putting too much of my own thoughts as to how I think it should read as opposed to what the rule book says but just thought I'd see if anyone else was questioning that as well…

#2 Antistone

Antistone

• Members
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

I believe this was discussed in a previous thread, and most people were agreed that it should be treated as "and". I think the example just ignores the range part because the attack already has enough range to hit, and so additional range doesn't alter the outcome.

#3 J0shjames

J0shjames

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

Perfect, thanks for the reply. I tried looking around to see if anyone had posed this question but I must have missed it. That explanation would make sense to me.

#4 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,633 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:25 AM

I concur with Antistone's position on this case.  Especially since surge bonuses can only be used once per attack in 2e.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS