Proof of Purchase

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 JSM3050

JSM3050

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

What is the punch-out proof of purchase for? I got one with Descent Second Edition and I also had one in the Twilight Imperium: Shards of the Empire box.

#2 Skywalker

Skywalker

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

To prove you purchased the game. In case, FFG wanted to double check you weren't seeking replacement parts without actually owning the game etc.

#3 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:30 PM

As far as I know, these haven't been used for anything yet.

#4 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,609 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:29 AM

Yeah, I've noticed these PoP chits in all my more recent FFG games as well (starting with Runewars, I think.)  They obviously don't serve a purpose for actually playing the game.  I suspect the purpose is so that if you contact FFG asking for replacement parts for like 90% of an entire game, they can ask for this chit as proof that you aren't just trying to get a free game out of them.

It's possible they might start asking for it with ANY replacement parts request, I haven't had to avail myself of FFG's parts department since these chits began showing up.

Long story short: Don't throw it out. =P

#5 JSM3050

JSM3050

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:50 AM

I'll hang on to them then. Thanks for the answers.

#6 CitanTim

CitanTim

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:49 AM

Here's a thought (mine, to be precise); If they require us to send in the PoP (I only remember seeing one in mine (for obvious reasons)), will they return it with our replacement parts?  I have some irresponsible friends, and I also generously let any of them borrow any of my games at will.  I'd much rather not have to blow my only replacement opportunity on a chucked die that flew out the window under the neighbors mower (untrue story, I swear!).

:D

#7 any2cards

any2cards

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:40 AM

My guess is that you would not have to send in the PoP, but rather would have to provide the numbered codes on it.  Of course, then you will ask why couldn't I just provide this information to someone else?  I suspose it is possible that the codes on the chit are different for every single game, and they associate yours with an address to which to send the replacement parts.

#8 Pierzasty

Pierzasty

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

If the codes differ with each batch of game boxes, they might also help to pinpoint the fault in case of numerous complaints.

#9 Apethe7

Apethe7

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for the information.  I looked all over this site for about an hour trying to figure out how to enter the proof of purchase for points.  Should have started looking on the forums first.

#10 BatHead

BatHead

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

Sometimes companies will tie promotional stuff to the P.O.P., like say sometime in the future, when releasing an expansion set, they will tell you if you send in the P.O.P., you would get a promo figure you can't get anywhere else, that kind of thing.

#11 Sausageman

Sausageman

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

Steve-O said:

I suspect the purpose is so that if you contact FFG asking for replacement parts for like 90% of an entire game, they can ask for this chit as proof that you aren't just trying to get a free game out of them.

What if you're missing the punch out sheet with the PoP chit on it?  :)

#12 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,609 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:14 PM

Sausageman said:

What if you're missing the punch out sheet with the PoP chit on it?  :)

Sucks to be you. =P

Seriously, though, I don't know if FFG is actually asking for these chits or what the rules are if they do.  I haven't needed to contact their customer support since these things began appearing as yet, and I haven't heard anecdotes about these being requested from others either.  It's entirely possible that they just thought it was a cool idea to make a token out of it instead of using the bar code on the box.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS