Photo

How does one become a member of the One Thousand Cult?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 John Bua

John Bua

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

I must have missed it cause I read the rules and now I can't seem to recall.  I know its something I just can't find, so I thank you in advance for the help.

#2 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,582 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

Typically, you'll get offered a membership when you have an encounter in the right location. Other effects, such as corruption cards, can cause investigators to become members if they're not already.

#3 John Bua

John Bua

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

Thanks!   I didn't read all the encounter cards, as I still want to be surprised when I draw them during the game.  Thank you for your help.

#4 satanito

satanito

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:35 PM

I use a house rule that if you defeat a cultist, you can take his robe and become a member. It's silly, but fun and acelerates the game.

#5 Jake yet again

Jake yet again

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:28 PM

You can only join the cult through encounters. If you're willing to add custom material to your game, you may find this card useful though:

Lovecraft Country Horror - A completely FREE Big Box expansion for Arkham Horror, exploring the minor locations of the Cthulhu Mythos. Contains: Lovecraft Country Board, 16 Investigators, 4 Ancient Ones, 16 Skills, 32 Common Items, 24 Unique Items, 10 Spells, 16 Music of Erich Zann cards, 76 Leads, 4 Allies, 32 Monsters, 24 Injuries and Madnesses, 54 Mythos Cards, 41 Outer World Encounters, 52 Location Encounters for each Neighbourhood.

#6 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,241 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:07 AM

Well, I guess the correct title for this thread should have been "Why do you have to become a member of the One of the Thousand Cult" ::laughter:: but anyway, yeah, there are no place where you can get a free membership, only encoutners, a la Silver Twilight Lodge. With the only difference that the chance of getting a membership are very thin if you play with all expansions in (those encounters become hyperdiluted)

But, as Jake said, if you don't mind playing with some custom material, you can use the card Jake suggested, or you can use my Custom Institution (here), the Church of the Black Goat.

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS