I've only played the First Blood intro quest (twice), but I've read through all the game material and cards. Some thoughts:
- I miss having actual coin tokens. In fact, we'll probably just use the tokens from 1E for our 2E campaign.
- We'll probably use the tuck boxes from RtL or SoB for storing our campaign stuff
- I miss the breath template
- I really like the new movement rules for large creatures. Although maybe not as realistic as 1E, it certainly adds a whole new way of handling big monsters. I think this will prove to be a big + for the Overlord.
- I love relics as much as the next guy, but it seems like the campaign gives out a lot of them. So much that they almost feel like "Gold Level" items from 1E rather than truly spectacular or hard-to-achieve items. By the end of our campaign I wouldn't be surprised if there were 4 or more relics in play, which diminishes the "special-ness" of them IMO.
- At one point in the story prose, the Overlord literally twirls his mustache and another time says "Hahaha".
I am really excited to see the conversion kit. As somebody who owns ALL of the 1E expansions, it will be great to be able to throw down a demon or dark priest or ice dragon.