• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 devilix

devilix

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:46 AM

Hi all,

Since english is not my primary way to communicate, I have a hard time understanding the rules for close combat. 

1) Let say that in my unit phase, I have no reaction or suppression marker.  Right now,my unit is at 8inches of a enemy unit.  I chose to move-attack.  I move and now, I am at 2 inches of the enemy unit.  Right now, I can only use my Close attack weapons and cannot use the others (range) right?

2) Let say that I am right at #1.  Is now time for the enemy to do his turn.  Since I am at 2 inches, if he decide to attack, he can only use his close attack weapon since we are lest that 3 inches one from the other.  So, to resume, when you are in lest that 3 inches of a unit, you must use your Close weapon if you want to attack this unit.  Am I ok?

3) I understant that they is no free strikes in this game?  So, in the first two examples, the enemy unit, in his phase and not in reaction, could move, get out of the 3 inches, and use his range attack.  I understant that you must use your close weapon for a reaction and you cannot move in reaction when in close, but nothing is said about your unit phase.

Have a nice day

#2 calvinc71

calvinc71

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

i think that once you declare your action to move, then the reacting player gets a chance to decideon his reaction…  he can react before you begin your move, or afterwards…  i think this means he can use range weapons if he chooses to react first, but would have to use close attacks if he reacts after…  he could also choose to react bymoving away instead…

#3 Drag0n

Drag0n

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

1) In this case you can use CC weapon OR range weapon. You must declare it before attack

2) If you choose CC weapon then enemy MUST react only Attack action and only with CC weapon

3) no free strike in this game :)

#4 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

You don't have to attack with CC weapons within 3", it's optional.  If a unit is attacked with CC weapons then it can only react with CC weapons.

#5 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:36 AM

Major Mishap said:

You don't have to attack with CC weapons within 3", it's optional.  If a unit is attacked with CC weapons then it can only react with CC weapons.

Fun fact that people who have dedicated CC units need to remember: although you can only react to CC with CC weapons, there is no such stipulation on reacting to shooting if your in CC range. So those Gorillas can punch you in the face with a reaction if you attempt to shoot at them and they are in CC range.

This has come up in several games I have played.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS