• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

I'm just curious, if anyone uses him in his decks at all? 

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,292 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

When I added Loragorn to my decks, I had to remove Coragorn from my Leadership/Tactics, so Imrahil took that slot. Kind of tough in Watcher in the Water, having all 3 heroes (with Theodred + Legolas) maxed out at 4hp, Striking Tentacles meant auto-kills if flipping bad for their Forced . I do find Coragorn more reliable in terms of being ready thanks to his ability, particularly early on, though later, after more allies are out, chances of killing off a meatshield increase.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:06 PM

Are you talking in terms of duo play? Whats about solo? 

I'm just thinking. High threat, sort of good stats and uinreliable ability. Almost any other Leadership hero will be better.

#4 Bohemond

Bohemond

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

If you add him to the right deck, primarily pairing him with Spirit and all those Rohan cards, he isn't un reliable at all.  I think of it as my 'Red Arrow' deck.

#5 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

he is seeing a bit more play recently. I am not a fan of high cost heroes period, so this guy is a little costly.. but I have been playign a 2 player Deck recently were my partner uses hamma+eagels and I run the prince and teh new Glorfindel and tun secrecy. The princes effect combos greatly with the eagles leaving play constantly as well as the rohan spirit leaving play effects… it is in fact a very strong 2 player deck. and of course mr fuckign broken Hamma dosn't hurt :)

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#6 starhawk77

starhawk77

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:00 AM

I use him in a Rohan deck, and he's rock solid. Terrific with Bofur, too. I initially dismissed him as an inferior version of the Core Set Aragorn, but the ability to defend and attack in the same combat phase--something Aragorn can't do--is quite handy. One of my favorite heroes.

#7 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:12 AM

yeah the combo with Bofur (not sure if this is the right name the spirit card that jumps out to quest and then goes back on successful quest) is a great combo. If you have horn of Gondor out as well this is a zero cost combo as well. So you basically get 4 extar will on your questing for zero cost every turn… 5 if you have dain out… Very cool.

The untap effect is powerful and i think people over look this guys as he requires not only good deck building to pull off but also piloting.

Another under used combos with the prince is sneak / aloft + Descendant (untap, 1 dmg to each enemy in staging + add a egal counter to eagles of misty mountains)

An as said.. rohan has a ton of great synergies…

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#8 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:24 AM

Isn't prince from Gondor? 

#9 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:26 AM

no idea but it is eagels and rohan that have the majority of the sac effects,

#10 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:53 AM

Imrahil is Prince of Dol Amroth which is part of Gondor. He is cousin to Denethor who married his sister Findulias.

I quite like the character, better in coop in general but not that hard to make a deck around him, indeed with Eagles and Rohan characters for instance. Still waiting till he gets some Gondorian synergies though.

#11 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:21 AM

if ffg go anywhere like warhammer did the knights of dol amroth will be epicly powerful (and rightly so)

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#12 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:59 AM

I know it's hard and potentially dangerous to create too many keywords (sentinel, ranged) but I was hoping the knights could get something special (and unifying).

I have expressed before that I had never been much fond of MtG terminology (or mechanics) but there was one keyword I especially liked, I believe it was called First Strike and it allowed - in a way of course - something similar to what Quick Strike event card does in this game. It would be fun if we got something along those lines for cavalry units but it may be too late as we have already got quite a few pronounced riders in the likes of Théodred, Dúnhere or Imrahil.

#13 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:16 AM

lleimmoen said:

I have expressed before that I had never been much fond of MtG terminology (or mechanics)

that is pretty funny as every single card effect is form MTG so far apart (ironically enough) quick strike lol

#14 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

I like exalted mechanic.(when your character attacks alone, he gets +1 atk/tough for each character with exalted keyword you control) 

#15 lleimmoen

lleimmoen

• Members
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

booored said:

lleimmoen said:

I have expressed before that I had never been much fond of MtG terminology (or mechanics)

that is pretty funny as every single card effect is form MTG so far apart (ironically enough) quick strike lol

I don't think we're playing (or talking) the same games… but whatever.

#16 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

Your talking of Magic the Gathering and Lord of the rings arn't you?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS