Dungeon?

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#1 Penagain

Penagain

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 07:29 AM

I see that the upcoming page has a listing for the Dungeon expansion. Looks like it might arrive in the March-ish range, which I am happy about.

Do we know anything at all about this expansion yet? Particularly I am wondering if it's a big box or small box (Reaper) expansion. For that matter, has anyone confirmed if there will be big and small box expansions for the game, or are we looking at a future replete with Reaper-style releases? I personally like the alternating release style Arkham Horror has been using...

--PenAgain

#2 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:47 AM

Does this help?

Tric Trac

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#3 Cidervampire

Cidervampire

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:59 AM

Can't wait to see it! Looks like they have gone for the 3rd edition style for board expansions

Can anyone figure out what the new characters are?

Geoff

#4 Cocky

Cocky

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:01 AM

New characters are Gladiator, Gypsy , Amazon , Philospher , Swashbuckler.

#5 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 09:03 AM

Is that box the "standard" Arkham Horror, Fury of Dracula, etc. size box? I'm guessing FFG only really do a default size, but looking at the hands holding the box, somehow looks smaller than the regular box.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#6 Penagain

Penagain

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:07 AM

Oh wow.

YAY!

I loved the 3rd ed boards, because they gave the whole game a more planned feeling than the 2nd ed expansions did. I'm glad to see that part of 3rd carry forward (much as I like seeing the return of the cones and box-standard miniatures).

Now to start whining because we don't know what comes AFTER Dungeon yet... or do we???

--PenAgain
No such thing as too much information

#7 Bludgeon

Bludgeon

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:17 AM

Can anyone read what the back of the book says?

#8 akuma508

akuma508

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:46 PM

Looks like the man with the flaming sword is an other "Reaper" style character.

Also looks like a new card type of the back of the box.

#9 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:22 PM

I'm really surprised by FFG rate of publishing! Still I'm not familiar with Reaper expansion and there's another exciting work coming soon...

Well done.

#10 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 08:56 PM

The_Warlock said:

I'm really surprised by FFG rate of publishing! Still I'm not familiar with Reaper expansion and there's another exciting work coming soon...

Well done.

On the other, I'm already starting to hit the "been there, done that" phase after 17 games with Upgrade + Reaper. And there's still 3 months to go before another expansion is available . Probably will keep plucking away at it a game here and there, but don't think I'll hit another streak of "must play a game each day to see what cool stuff I've yet to see". Similar thing happened with Arkham Horror. After adding Black Goat and King in Yellow and going through a 24 game streak, it's been over 2 months since I've played AH. Yes, I'm a sucka for new shiny stuff .

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#11 BanthaFodder

BanthaFodder

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 10:56 PM

Of course no detail yet so ready to be proved wrong but I am a bit disappointed that the Philosopher is included.

Is it not the same character as the Sage from the Reaper expansion ?

The big guy with the spiky armour and the flaming sword. Looks a bit like the Chaos Warrior, maybe he has been turned into a NPC.

I never really liked the Dungoen for 2nd edition, This looks interesting though. I might just have to shell out some cash and upgrade..

#12 Kadath

Kadath

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:29 AM

Having bought 4th ed from GW when it was released I was excited to hear FFG were releasing the game and developing it as they are my fave boardgame company.

I was going to opt for the conversion expansion, but I might just go the whole hog and buy the revised 4th for continuity and because i am a hoarder.  So - 4 board expansions expected, on Dungeon, probably the City remade as well.  Hopefully we wont be seeing timescape back again...

What others are contenders?

I never bought 3rd ed but have everything for 2nd ed.  The 3rd ed board model looked impressive but i only played it once or twice

#13 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:53 AM

I'm not very familiar with 3rd edition, but I am aware that expansion boards were thought out a head of time (somewhat) so that corners and sides could all be used for add on boards. So can anyone tell which corner the Dungeons is going to attach to?

#14 Bludgeon

Bludgeon

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:20 AM

JCHendee said:

I'm not very familiar with 3rd edition, but I am aware that expansion boards were thought out a head of time (somewhat) so that corners and sides could all be used for add on boards. So can anyone tell which corner the Dungeons is going to attach to?

If 3e is any indication, entrance will be through the Ruins.

#15 Arfi

Arfi

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:29 AM

I hope it will be smaller...not enough place to play...:<

#16 Galahad

Galahad

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:46 AM

I love the look of this... just hope it adds some good NEW details to the game rather than just more of the same. So excited!

#17 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:02 AM

Bludgeon said:

JCHendee said:

If 3e is any indication, entrance will be through the Ruins.

In 2nd edition you had to find a special place adventure card to access the Dungeon called Doorway. I see that the expansion will add some new Adventure Cards. Since the deck has become really big after Reaper, I don't think they're going to add new Adventure Cards for base play, but they're going to bring back the Doorway cards in an adequate number.

There are two new card types depicted on the box. One is made of Dungeon adventure cards, but the other?

#18 Dietcokeofevil

Dietcokeofevil

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:15 AM

I'm not sure about this specific expansion, but I feel there will be many new Adventure cards in the future of Talisman. Considering the number of expansions in 2nd edition, how big were the Adventure decks? Personally, I hope they keep on addding to the adventure deck. Im sure Ill manage shuffling it somehow. ;-)

#19 Atheral

Atheral

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:21 AM

It seems the Products page on the Talisman website has been updated to include the contents of the Dungeon Expansion.

Game Contains:

* 1 Rulebook
* 1 Dungeon Board
* 128 Dungeon Cards
* 20 Spell Cards
* 10 Adventure Cards
* 10 Treasure Cards
* 5 Character Cards
* 5 Plastic Figures

Looks like the reduced adventure card speculation is correct. And we also know what that second card type isTreasure!

#20 Lancer T

Lancer T

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:12 PM

Just noticed that the main talisman board game box shows only five characters in the rear and all eleven in the front.The reaper shows all characters in the rear and minus the sage in the front.So maybe not all characters are shown in the dungeon box front or rear,there might be a surprise....Wishfull thinking.....................The chaos warrior looking character does seem like an npc as somone allready quoted.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS