Iron Hands Chapter Cyberware Rules

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Admiral Cain

Admiral Cain

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

The requisition rules for Cyber ware (IMO) are fairly open to interpretation to say the least.  I've got an Assault Marine from the Iron Hands chapter playing in a game I'm starting and we decided to hammer out some clear cut guidelines.  Here they are for your comment:

General Cyberstuff. General rule is if something is shot or chewed or burned off you can get a new one. Or signature wargear can be used. There are deeds, chapters and other things that give you cyber bits we're not changing any of that.

Tech Marines get as a class ability one common at char gen, one Exceptional at Respected, and a Master at Famed. Signature Wargear costs 500 as a General advance, gives you 20 points to buy crap. Enough for one common bit.

'er we go.

An addition to the Iron Hands Chapter advance table:
Signature Cyberware 1 Cost 500 Prerequisite Iron Hands Chapter
Signature Cyberware 2 Cost 1000 Prerequisite Signature Cyberware 1, Rank 2
Signature Cyberware 3 Cost 1500 Prerequisite Signature Cyberware 2, Rank 6, Steel over Flesh 1

Signature Cyberware 1: Gain one common quality cyberware from the following list: Bionic Arm, Bionic Heart, Bionic Locomotion, Cyber Sense (any one), Bionic Respiratory System.

Signature Cyberware 2: Choose one Exceptional quality from the following list: Bionic Arm, Bionic Heart, Bionic Locomotion, Cyber Sense (any one), Bionic Respiratory System. If an existing bionic is upgraded to Exceptional, choose an additional Bionic from the list at common quality. Additionally apply the effect from the following table to the Exceptional quality system selected with this talent
Bionic Arm, Gain a +10 to WS attack rolls with this Arm. Specify right or left arm at selection
Bionic Heart, +10 Toughness rolls
Bionic Respiratory System, +2 wounds
Bionic Locomotion, +10 to Dodge rolls
Cyber Senses, +10 to any perception test made with that sense

Signature Cyberware 3: Gain 70 req worth of cyberware from the following list:  MIU, Auger Array, Bionic Arm, Bionic Heart, Bionic Locomotion, Cyber Sense (any one), Bionic Respiratory System. Exceptional items and Master quality items costs as per standard req rules.

Designer's notes:Comparison to General Space Marine Advances Signature Wargear.

Signature Wargear at rank one costs 500 and gets you 20 req worth of stuff. Signature Cyberware gets you 15 req. Slightly worse than the basic Talent (but honestly 1/2 the time you're not spending all of the 20 req from Signature Wargear, cause it doesn't always add up to 20).

Signature Wargear (Master) adds 20 req to your wargear and gets you a choice of buffs from a chart. Signature Cyberware gets you 24 req and choice on a mechanically similar chart, slightly better than Signature Wargear (Master).

Signature Cyberware 3 is the same req and xp cost as Signature Wargear (hero), but comes one rank sooner, and carries some insanity requirements to tie it to the fluff a bit more.

#2 Kshatriya

Kshatriya

• Members
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:09 PM

Here's an idea as well.

Let their 2nd Solo Mode give them Techmarine bonus-bionic advancement. If they are already a Techmarine, they pretty much double up their free replacements.

#3 Admiral Cain

Admiral Cain

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

I'm more inclined to let Iron Hands pay XP for the mechanical advantages of Cybernetics.  Just a Free buff isn't what I was aiming for, I can hand out free candy just fine.  The specific player that caused the discusion is just fine and finding mechanical advantages

#4 Admiral Cain

Admiral Cain

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

Just fine AT finding… stupid no edit button.

#5 Kshatriya

Kshatriya

• Members
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:15 PM

Signature 2's bonuses are a little OP. Especially the WS, Dodge, and Toughness bonuses.

There IS an edit button, it only sticks around for about 20 minutes though.

#6 Admiral Cain

Admiral Cain

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:42 AM

Yeah the +Attack and +Dodge are straight from the Signature Wargear (master) Talent.  But that means they would stack with it, might be OP.  I've been trying to come up with something else.  It needs to be mechanically "good" since the Signature Wargear talent is "good" and they cost the same XP.  

I think I may go with Can use reaction to make a melee attack for the arms, and can use reaction to make a 1/2 move for Bionic Locomotion, and change the Cyber Senses to re-roll failures.  Solid abilities that can be picked up either in squad modes or other talents, but not by every specialty or chapter. 

The goal of the Signature Cyberware 2 is to be mechanically equal to Signature Wargear (master) but still be different.  Also provide something meaningful for multiple specialties and not have a "no-brainer" choice.  

Thanks for the input Kshatriya!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS