Last Tannhauser Release and BSG

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BrandonCarpenter

BrandonCarpenter

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

I'm certainly not trying to start a flame war, and speaking with a little hopeless desperation, but do you think FFG announcing that they're taking a rest after this last TH mini in a way means BSG isn't entirely dead since they haven't made a similar announcement? 

#2 subochre

subochre

• Members
  • 474 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

It'd sure be nice, but I'm not inclined to read too much into it, for two reasons.  First, there've been a lot of Tannhauser expansions.  I haven't been following it closely enough to know whether there's been a regular release schedule, but since they're apparently up to 18 miniature packs, this is a pretty newsworthy event, practically on a par with retiring an LCG.  Whereas the closer analogue to BSG would be if they were to announce that they aren't making any more Cosmic Encounter expansions (which I'm assuming is the case…the last one seemed pretty final).  

The other reason has to do with the nature of the announcement, which was like "hey, check out this new mini (oh but P.S. we're putting the Tannhauserverse on hold for a while.  Stay tuned!)."  It'd be much harder to write a release like that for BSG, since it'd have to be something more like "Even though we never actually announced that we were working on another BSG expansion, and in fact haven't really said anything about it for a year or two, we decided not to do it after all.  J-just in case you were wondering."  (Which, of course we were wondering, but it doesn't make for very good copy.)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS