Rollsk 2 hour speed painted Axis

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rollsk

rollsk

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:40 AM

Good day! I am Rollsk and are a long time miniature addict and recently I have enamerd myself with Dust warfare. To put it simple it is a great game! The rules are written with care and I find them to be tactically challenging with orders and reactions, another fine bonus is that they are the only rule sett I have ever read through for a miniature game which cloud been used right away after reading.

As I have way to may miniature games and being a slow painter to boot! A decision was made to paint in a assembly line style, utilising as much of the base coat and only a few layers. The miniatures perhaps deserve better but I am content with the result.

I will freely admit that i am at best a bad photographer…. T_T

Macrus and his simian brothers:

More primates!:

And some undead :

#2 Plueshpanda

Plueshpanda

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:53 PM

Looking good so far.

#3 Maverickg

Maverickg

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:21 AM

I like the special treatment you gave Markus as the "elder statesman" of the ape platoons.  Good work!

#4 rollsk

rollsk

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

Thanks! I am quite happy with Markus for it is only fitting that an ape of his stature would stand out^^, but the uploding have cropt the picures strange. It is like I cute out 1/3 of them. I will upload during the evning. I shall se as well if cant upload the rest of my axis( i should have done this before but i forgot them at the gaming clubb).

Once again i have to say that the undercoating have great usage, most of the models have only 2 layers of paint/shadowing on them.  I wont lie thou, these model wont win any paint competitions but they look quite good on the table ^^

#5 Miah999

Miah999

• Members
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:16 AM

When using the built in picture adder here on the forums make sure you set the image width to 500 or less.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS