Mobile App Version?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mustakrakish

Mustakrakish

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:22 AM

I hope there is a mobile version of this with online play! Im not sure you can do it with the current asymmetrical game play trend for mobile devices, but I would love it.

#2 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 05:54 AM

I'd love to see a Netrunner app, but I won't be holding my breath.  I've been hoping for a Call of Cthulhu LCG app for a long time and nothing has ever happened there.  There are some lukewarm card games you can get like Shadow Era but nothing really good.

#3 Rehlow

Rehlow

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

An online or app version would be great.

I also didn't care for Shadow Era.

I like Cabals. It's a card game with a board that you move around. Tiles you control generate resources or other effects.

#4 digital

digital

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

Async Multiplayer.  Release as free with just enough free content to play the game.  Then release cards as in app purchase.  I'd buy it and the print games

#5 jsalais

jsalais

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

I will be in the waiting list for this app or maybe kickstarter project, this is a great game , but its hard to find people playing it in mexico.

#6 Vincent_V

Vincent_V

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:49 AM

That would be awesome, the next store where I can play is 50 km away and as a father and husband I'd really like to play Netrunner more often than I currently are able to.

Datapacks could be sold as in-app purchase.

Once the base structure for LCG Apps is programmed it probably would be easier to use it for other LCGs like GoT or LotR.

Also real live online WC would be possible, or fast testing new decks against an AI...

Someone already suggested it to FFG?

#7 Maliseraph

Maliseraph

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

I like this idea.

#8 Grimwalker

Grimwalker

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:29 PM

OCTGN play is pretty awesome, in the meantime.

#9 Hans Chung-Otterson

Hans Chung-Otterson

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

I play on OCTGN all the time and I love it! It's not a professional-level product, but then it is free.

I would love even more if an MTGO-style client were worth it for FFG to implement. I think this is more likely than an iOS app.

I would definitely be willing to shell out for a professional, online Netrunner playing interface (or shell out for virtual cards). This has the potential to (1) serve players without a "scene", (2) serve players who just want to play more Netrunner even if they do have a scene (i.e., ME), and (3) expand the playerbase of the game in general.

It also has the potential to cost a huge amount of money and then flop. *shrug*

Edited by Hans Chung-Otterson, 30 December 2013 - 03:52 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS