Finished Dude of Darkness

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Zozimus

Zozimus

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

So I finally got around to painting the Lord of Darkness miniature I put together some time ago.  I put it off for a long time because I wasn't wholly happy with the way he'd turned out sculpture-wise, and painting to a high level takes dozens of hours sometimes.  Finally I just said, "Heck with it", and painted him to a kind of rough, table-top quality.  At least he's done!   :)   Actually, for what he is, I'm not too unhappy with the result.   Cheers!  

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play. - Heraclitus

#2 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:43 AM

It looks great!!

Do you mind if I add him to the home-brew miniatures section on the site in the future?

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#3 Zozimus

Zozimus

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

Sure, go ahead!  Cheers.  :) 

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play. - Heraclitus

#4 The Wizard

The Wizard

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

Looks awesome.

Regards

#5 Tertius

Tertius

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:07 AM

Wow! Very nicely done!

What parts did you use to make him?

#6 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:05 AM

I put a little page together in the Home Brew section of the site -

http://www.talismanisland.com/mini_homebrew.htm

http://www.talismanisland.com/mini_zozimushomebrew.htm

I hope it's all in order!

#7 Zozimus

Zozimus

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

Hey, that's fantastic!!   You definitely got the gist of the WIP.   The hardest parts of the modifications were cutting off the cloak and filing off all the details of the helmet, before building it back up with Green Stuff.   I've never used Green Stuff before, and if I were to do it over I would definitely know how to do a better job.  I drilled a hole in his head to fit the plume in, and briefly considered filing off the design of the shield to make it more like the painting on the Dungeon box cover, but in the end I decided I'd never really liked the dragon-ish design on the shield in the first place, and kept the skull, after gluing on a bunch of spiky bits.  I might still tweak the paint job here and there before I seal it.  Glad you liked it!    :)   Cheers,   Zoz  

#8 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

Glad you like it!

I had a few bits of trouble when I made some of the conversions on the page.Using a full size hammer drill on the Minotaur mini for one…

It was certainly not in line with standard Heath and Safety advice! :)

#9 Zozimus

Zozimus

• Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:27 AM

I've found my Dremel tool invaluable   :)      

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS