Photo

Seriously, the SSU look completely awesome!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

Did you saw Winter Child?!?!?!? The first Superhuman of the game!!!!!! He look amazing +28 and cancel hardcover for his awesomeness!!!!!!!

Just because of him I now want…sorry, NEED, more than anything else, the complete SSU army!  This could easily become my official army in the upcoming games!

But sweet damnnofski, i'd have to shell out a lot of money to get what's available and be able to field a competitive SSU in DT…an online shop I buy regularly could ship me 1xComissar, 1xKV47 Walker, 1xOp. Zverograd, 1xCC Squad, 1x Command Squad, 1xTransport Copter, 1xBattle Squad for 163CAD…i'd still have to get the remaining AND upcoming squads and expansions.

Do you think that an Allies/SSU alliance VS Axis would be possible?

#2 LotusPwn3r

LotusPwn3r

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

Dude. Take a breath.

Now let it out. (I love the enthusiasm, btw…)

Yep, this "Winter Child" guy (first DT A4 infantry?) looks preeeeeety awesome.

Nope, no chance of an Allies/SSU coalition since the SSU is currently (1947) occupying parts of Alaska, Florida and ALL of Cuba, & the Allies are attacking Zverograd on the Caspian Sea. Axis, Allies & SSU will be in a state of perpetual war in the DT universe …

Yay!

#3 Lska

Lska

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

Hmm he won't be able to join a squad. One man army! Lara could be some kind of that :P

#4 Gothik

Gothik

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

As we all have been suspecting, A4 infantry unit will be only one model.

#5 LotusPwn3r

LotusPwn3r

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

But since he's a hero, he'll prolly be 5 or 6 hit points, at least.

#6 Gothik

Gothik

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

Is he?

"Operation “Hades” introduces new rules for superhumans, and these powerful units function like heroes, except that they cannot join other squads"

#7 ??!

??!

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:39 PM

I'm with SolennelBern on this one. I actually had planned to skip the SSU and concentrate on Axis and Allies, but after seeing some of the inovative SSU product and especially this new "Operation Hades" with the superhuman soldier, I think I'll absolutely need a SSU army - including Winter Child of course! Maybe I can manage to wait until Christmas …

#8 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:10 AM

??! said:

I'm with SolennelBern on this one. I actually had planned to skip the SSU and concentrate on Axis and Allies, but after seeing some of the inovative SSU product and especially this new "Operation Hades" with the superhuman soldier, I think I'll absolutely need a SSU army - including Winter Child of course! Maybe I can manage to wait until Christmas …

Yeah I asked myself that question too…and the answer is noski…

My birthday is in end of july and my bro already pre-ordered Descent 2nd edition for my gift.  Asking my sister (which hates board games) or parents to buy me some sweet SSU units won't do the trick.  I'll try to talk them into that but it might be mission impossible hahah.

Or maybe i'll buy slowly some SSU here and there, paint them, buy more…until I have a full SSU army…

#9 deedob

deedob

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:04 AM

While this new mini will add the interesting armour "4" infantry to the game and will be a great addition to my already growing SSU army…

Am i the only one to be much more excited about the new rules and possibly tiles for underground combat?
The ability to split the battleground in several "outsides" linked by underground tunnels looks really interesting to me.

A surface battle where infantry can go underground to reach the opponent's rear guard while avoiding the walkers?  This is much more interesting as a gameplay option than any new unit.

#10 Dakkon426

Dakkon426

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:34 AM

deedob said:

While this new mini will add the interesting armour "4" infantry to the game and will be a great addition to my already growing SSU army…

Am i the only one to be much more excited about the new rules and possibly tiles for underground combat?
The ability to split the battleground in several "outsides" linked by underground tunnels looks really interesting to me.

A surface battle where infantry can go underground to reach the opponent's rear guard while avoiding the walkers?  This is much more interesting as a gameplay option than any new unit.

Lol don't take speculations as fact hell probably be armor 3.

#11 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

SolennelBern said:

??! said:

My birthday is in end of july and my bro already pre-ordered Descent 2nd edition for my gift.  Asking my sister (which hates board games) or parents to buy me some sweet SSU units won't do the trick.  I'll try to talk them into that but it might be mission impossible hahah.

Or maybe i'll buy slowly some SSU here and there, paint them, buy more…until I have a full SSU army…

If your old enough get a job or try to do some odd jobs around the area you live and buy them yourself. If not then good luck with your collection.

#12 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

mgentile7 said:

SolennelBern said:

??! said:

If your old enough get a job or try to do some odd jobs around the area you live and buy them yourself. If not then good luck with your collection.

Lol thanks for the advice, i'm 32 and have a great job but in life buying everything you want sometimes doesn't end well :P

#13 Lska

Lska

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

Especially if you have a wife:D "Honey look this is winter child and his SSU army ! I just spent my whole salary on them!"

#14 fhaugh

fhaugh

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:02 AM

Lska said:

Especially if you have a wife:D "Honey look this is winter child and his SSU army ! I just spent my whole salary on them!"

Throw three kids in there and your in my shoes.  "Sorry my lovely daughter, your new shoes have to wait until Daddy gets the new units to make his force unstoppable"

#15 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

SolennelBern said:

mgentile7 said:

SolennelBern said:

??! said:

Lol thanks for the advice, i'm 32 and have a great job but in life buying everything you want sometimes doesn't end well :P

Sorry man your comments struck me as something my young nephews would say.  We all have our challenges in this economy. Good luck with your collection. PS-I am happily divorced with no kids so I can get all the toys I want!!!

#16 golem101

golem101

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

OK, SSU has not only the first flyers, but the first tanks too. Big ones, to boot.

#17 Lska

Lska

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

And a second comand squad! That's getting more and more interesting!

#18 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

Red Guards Anti-Tank Squad: Probably just like the Bot Hunters/Panzer Killers, but the more powerful/less range SSU rifle.

Red Guards Command Squad: Now this is interesting, I already found it strange when they gave the Medvedi that killer Power Tool. I'm used to keeping the A2 Command Squad tucked away, far from the fray, but it seems they really want the SSU Command Squads to lead the battle by example. Now these guys get a bazooka and some UGLs. This will be a pretty costly squad, but is it worth it?

Mao Zedong - Ah, finally the heavy tanks! This looks very interesting, cool in that "uncool" way. Weird that the SSU gets this amazing AA platform, but its enemies don't yet have any aircraft to make it necessary. Guess the axis and allied aircraft can't be far behind.

Vladimir Lenin - And the russians get a heavy artillery piece. Man, this thing looks scary. A heavy tank with such a cannon and with Damage Resilient….

In the online shop you can have a glimpse of the stat cards:

They both have Move 1 and 8 Health points. The Armour is hard to see, but they seem to be the same, and not Armor 7. Most likely Armor 6. They have 4 weapons lines, the main weapon, a top turret, a front MG and a back MG (axis heavies, eat your heart out). The artillery cannon has x/skull damage. And it seems to me like they may have Carry Capacity.

#19 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

This is just awesome and costly for a new SSU player…lol

Amazing and $$$ factors are equally high…that's why I got to get the SSU in!

Wow, let's get this overtime ON!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

#20 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:49 PM

Loophole Master said:

Red Guards Command Squad: Now this is interesting, I already found it strange when they gave the Medvedi that killer Power Tool. I'm used to keeping the A2 Command Squad tucked away, far from the fray, but it seems they really want the SSU Command Squads to lead the battle by example. Now these guys get a bazooka and some UGLs. This will be a pretty costly squad, but is it worth it?

Possibly.  Like you and I expect most players, your command squad is kept out of harms way but now when the enemy does come for them the Red Guards can fend for themselves and nearing the game end they can come out of hiding for a few turns and will have a lot of firepower to take on depleted units and full strength units.

Russian infantry did ride into combat on the back of tanks, don't think these two heavies will be going very far on the table top though.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS