Photo

Anyone got house rules for destroying buildings?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hubminator

Hubminator

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

Has anyone modded any rules for this yet? Would love to see others ideas if there are any out there.

Cheers

#2 Warboss Krag

Warboss Krag

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:58 AM

Destroying a building is no easy matter, really. Managing to do so in the space of a single game session would require either a lot of explosive power, or carefully designed blasting charges. The US Army today has the latter, I am told (by a friend who used them): A rocket-propelled charge meant to collapse a small building in on itself. And even then it leaves ruins.

Ruins would be better than an intact building, I guess - they wouldn't be a multi-level sniping roost.

Reducing a building would be possible, I believe, but the only weapon in the game so far that would do it would be repeated barrages from the US 9" gun batteries, available to "The Boss" command squad. About one battery barrage per floor, maybe? Don't even roll damage; buildings don't duck.

#3 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 998 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:50 AM

I would think for very light buildings (wooden buildings), walkers could just walk through and destroy them, and for slightly heavy buildings (brick), heavy walkers could walk through and turn them into ruins.

Could make for some fun terrain rules to have destructable terrain.

#4 Hubminator

Hubminator

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:55 AM

Yeah, destructable buildings are what I'm thinking…could be a good way to winkle out a stubborn unit in a building, don;t worry about shooting at the unit, just blow the crap out of the building. I have got custom rules for a Sturm Tiger with 380mm Raketen Werfer I am itching to try out, I was thinking about using the rules for weapons with the Demolition characteristic (i.e. demo charges) to do what you were suggesting Warboss, one charge/salvo that causes a wound destroys a floor and then units caught in the destroyed level roll a dice per unit member, with normal wound symbols indicating death, what i am not sure about is how to apply rules to taking out say the bottom floor of a four storey building first, am i right in thinking it would take more fire power to do that then demolish the top floor of the same buidling? Cheers for the thoughts :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS