• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ciryon_

ciryon_

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:05 AM

Hello to all

How do work Psychic Scream (core rules page 164) ?, is it a mental or a physical attack ?

Thanks

#2 Errant

Errant

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

Physical attack by RAW, so resisted by armour and toughness as normal. I houseruled that it's only resisted by willpower to make it somewhat less terrible.

#3 lerak

lerak

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

How do you mean, less terribel? My Astropath knocks down huge scores of ennemies with it. And an attack that doaes 1d10+5 damage, with pén 5 is more than respectable

#4 Errant

Errant

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

One, it has no penetration. Two, you can't purchase it until Rank 5. Three, it affects a single target. The only good thing about  the power is that it has a better version of Shocking. If it could hit multiple targets like a flamer or even a circular radius around the psyker it would be decent, but as it is it's terrible.

#5 lerak

lerak

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:11 AM

1), you can purchase psychic scream at level one=> it is in the starting discipline, and it only needs mental evaluation (I think it's named that in english, i have the rulebook in french). Those two  cost only 500xp together

Ok, it doesn't have pénétration, but if you hit you are almost sure to put the ennemy Ko. With a psy level of 5, an ennemy has -25 to resist  it.

#6 Sarvus von Blod

Sarvus von Blod

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:51 AM

I would say that Psychic Scream is really good for lower ranked players. Sure it only does 1d10+2 and the opponent has a -10 penalty to resist stunning, but its surprising how much a psychic attack can do at the beginning. My Astropath used Psychic Scream like there was no tomorrow, and I can't wait till I can purchase Soul Killer which requires Scream as a prerquasite

#7 Vandegraffe

Vandegraffe

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:50 PM

Mr. Monkey Wrench, meet Mr. Works…  Did you see the new errata? 

Psychic Scream just got rewritten.  Completely.  Since the errata's a free download, I think it's okay to quote here:

Psychic Scream (page 164): Change the description of this power to the following: “By focusing all of his will behind one massive psychic scream, the psyker can injure or stun an opponent out to a range of 5m x Psy Rating. If the psyker succeeds on his Focus Power Test, he deals 1d10 Impact Damage +1 additional Damage per point of effective Psy Rating. This attack ignores Armour. The target must pass a Toughness Test with a penalty equal to 5 x the psyker’s effective Psy Rating, or be Stunned for one Round, plus a number of additional Rounds equal to his Degrees of Failure.”

Okay, the new version is not completely useless.  Base damage is pretty low, but it ignores armour and that Toughess Test to avoid stunning is going to be difficult to make. 

Cheers,

- V.

#8 ciryon_

ciryon_

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:56 AM

#9 ciryon_

ciryon_

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:23 AM

Sorry for my blanl answer. Id did try to post from my mobile phone and my text did not appear.

I read the errata, thanks :)

#10 ciryon_

ciryon_

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:24 AM

Sorry for the typos error, I have a blank screen which keeps me for seeing what I post..not sure my message will be here since I type it like a blind man

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS