Photo

What's up with honor the chapter on Amazon?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hadesdrew

Hadesdrew

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:25 AM

Does anyone know why it doesn't come out on Amazon till january 8th 2013. Is it them just messing it up? Or is it just like a waiting time till they can sell them?

#2 MorganKeyes

MorganKeyes

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

All I know is that it takes AT LEAST a month after I see the book in my FLGS or web stores like FRP Games before Amazon ships a game book. I had the same problem with CthulhuTech books where I got them weeks earlier from FRP Games while Amazon still had them listed as "pre-order".

#3 Dulahan

Dulahan

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

Yeah, never rely on Amazon to get new RPG books that aren't D&D and MAYBE Pathfinder.

Ever.

Nope, don't even think of it.

The fact is they WILL get them a lot later than other people.  And have always been like that.  It's a mistake to pre-order from them unless you're willing to not get it for a month or three after the real release.  Yes, you might save nearly 50%, so that's the trade off.  But FRP and such might save you 20%, so yeah..

#4 Pyrus

Pyrus

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:20 AM

I'm looking at my orders on there right now, and my estimated date of delivery for Honour the Chapter is July 23 2012-July 27 2012. Granted, it has the publication date as Jan. 8th on the product page… though that has changed very recently, as it was July 17 when I placed my order. Sounds like I might have to call them…

#5 Blood Pact

Blood Pact

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:55 AM

Amazon is the drama queen of book sellers, if you didn't know already.

A few releases are late, and all of a sudden they drop everything and don't bother having anything in stock until much later than the actual release date. Pretty much same thing happened to White Wolf 3-4 years ago when their release schedule started lagging.

If you live in Canada, Chapters is the big book store to order from, if you don't partake of your FLGS.

#6 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:55 AM

Amazon gets their information from the publishers. If the information they get is crap, then so too are the dates they put up. FFG's updates have been pretty much crap for the last few months so it shouldn't be any surprise that Amazon's dates for FFG products are crap too.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody!

#7 MorganKeyes

MorganKeyes

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

HappyDaze said:

Amazon gets their information from the publishers. If the information they get is crap, then so too are the dates they put up. FFG's updates have been pretty much crap for the last few months so it shouldn't be any surprise that Amazon's dates for FFG products are crap too.

Yes, but that said, Amazon will still say its on pre-order while I am ordering from my web store or FLGS. Today's a good example. I just put my order in for the Koronus Beastiary (shipping tomorrow) while Amazon still shows it as 8 JAN 2013. 

#8 Pyrus

Pyrus

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:20 AM

Oddly enough, contact with Amazon support netted me a promise that I'd get it by the original date. Should be interesting to see how they make that happen.

#9 Dulahan

Dulahan

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:57 AM

Again, NEVER pre-order a gaming book from Amazon.

Never order one until amazon shows it's in stock.  I've been burned so many times by them, to the tune of ordering with 2 day shipping… two months later no book.  It now shows up as available, other people who have ordered it since then getting it… no book for me.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS