• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Gaffophone

Gaffophone

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 01:58 AM

Hi,

I'm a French player and I have a simple question : is there à future for Tannhauser in French ?

There are many players who would like to get all these new expansions and the v2 of the rules in our language, can we hope to see them one day ?

Thanks

#2 Miah999

Miah999

• Members
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:57 AM

I believe the decision on that lies with Edge Ent. as they are responsiable for both the French and Spanish localization.

I know that Heidelberger Spieleverlag the German publisher for TH has said they won't be localizing anything new.

I'm really not sure how much say FFG even has in this, I don't think they can force Edge or Heidelberger Spieleverlag to make updated versions.

But I too hope that they decide to bring all the new expansions to you guys, in your language.

#3 Gaffophone

Gaffophone

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:49 PM

I'm afraid you're right, yet initially this is a French game created and edited by Take On You :-(

#4 ??!

??!

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:03 AM

Sorry to ask, but don't you think you are better off with the English version? I don't really know about the situation of the game business in France, here in Germany you'll always encounter the same two problems. First, it often takes very long until the translated version of a product is available, meaning in Tannhäuser either you know that there's a cool new character for sail but you'll have to wait months before you can get the German version or even worse your friends that play the English version are actually playing the cool new stuff while you are left watching. Second, the German translations of rules text or key words often lack in quality so you have to look into the original rules (English rules!) to actually understand how the game is played. I really had some bad experience with poor translations of rules that extremely differed from the original. I'd normally pick up the English version of an American or British game even if there is a German translation.

#5 Moebius

Moebius

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:00 AM

Same here in Spain! I rather use the rules in english.

Also for the non englis speaking the community is currently translating the rules into spanish.

#6 Gaffophone

Gaffophone

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:56 AM

Just for me, the english version is not really a problem, even if I make mistakes when I try to write in this language, I can understand it.

For my wife or my friends, this is not the same, they are not used to play with english rules 

#7 ??!

??!

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:49 AM

But if at least one of the players knows the English rules, he or she can explain them to the others in any language they all are able to speak. I'd say that's less trouble than trying to play with rules that are translated incorrectly.

#8 Moebius

Moebius

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:39 AM

France has a big Tannhauser community, how come no one decided to make an unnoficial translation yet?

Just wondering…

#9 Gaffophone

Gaffophone

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:56 AM

I'd like to make it but my time and my skills are limited

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS