Quest 4 and ability

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ainvar

Ainvar

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

Can Runewitch Astarra ability activate the glyph when carrying the princess?

Tnx

#2 Parathion

Parathion

• Members
  • 954 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:46 PM

Why not? Picking up the princess does not change anything beyond the reduced MP.

#3 Ainvar

Ainvar

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:56 AM

Astarra abilily can activate glyph at 6 square, Princess curse cant active glyph who carriyng it. The ability work?

#4 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:47 AM

Ainvar said:

Astarra abilily can activate glyph at 6 square, Princess curse cant active glyph who carriyng it. The ability work?

It's been a long time since I played this quest, and I can't get to my quest book right now because Descent is buried under a million other games, but I thought the rule was that the hero carrying the princess can't use glyphs (so that they can't simply take the princess to town and leave her there.)  They can still activate glyphs as normal, they just can't step through without passing off or putting down the princess.

#5 Parathion

Parathion

• Members
  • 954 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:25 PM

Sorry that I answered before checking… The German version of this quest actually says that the hero cannot activate a glyph - but that may be just another translation error - so we definitely need the original text.

If it really is "activating" then Astarra´s ability won´t work as long as she carries the Princess. 

#6 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 5,698 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:34 AM

Parathion said:

Sorry that I answered before checking… The German version of this quest actually says that the hero cannot activate a glyph - but that may be just another translation error - so we definitely need the original text.

If it really is "activating" then Astarra´s ability won´t work as long as she carries the Princess. 

I don't have the quest guide with me right now, but I'm 99% confident you cannot activate glyphs while carrying the princess

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#7 Jonny WS

Jonny WS

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

Correct, it does indeed say that you CANNOT activate a glyph with the princess in hand.  

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS