Noob question on Active Defense cards

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tush Hog

Tush Hog

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:37 AM

If you play an active defense card and still get hit does it gain recharging tracking tokens?

#2 RARodger

RARodger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

Tush Hog said:

If you play an active defense card and still get hit does it gain recharging tracking tokens?

Yes.

Think of it this way… the action of the card was still successful… you added dice to your opponents die pool. That the attack was successful or not was incidential.

Further, the wording of (most) reaction cards stipulates, "put two tracking tokens on…" or something. This is to call out that they aren't handled the way standard cards are.

#3 Tush Hog

Tush Hog

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:43 AM

Gotcha, that makes sense. Thanks.

#4 Tush Hog

Tush Hog

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:47 AM

To follow up on the defenses questions, if you specialize in parry with your weapon would that grant you a misfortune dice to add to the attackers pool?

#5 Tush Hog

Tush Hog

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:00 AM

I think I found my answer on p. 21 of the Players Guide. Looks like the answer is no.

#6 GravitysAngel

GravitysAngel

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:48 AM

"No" is the correct answer there as clarified by FFG.  A bunch of GMs do houserule that specialization in Parry would add a black die, though I don't.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS