Map Making

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 signoftheserpent

signoftheserpent

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:18 AM

i'm going to run the final battle from False Hope next week and I think I'm going to need to start using maps for combat, which is something I never normally do in rpg's, but I think it's kind of essential here. I'm ok with that, but I wonder if there are any decent tools that are a) free b) easy to use and c) can create the sort of environments you get in 40k (ie not just dungeon tiles or something). Thanks.

#2 Fenrisnorth

Fenrisnorth

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:31 AM

Dunno what the areas you need maps for are; but if it's a spaceship, you could try the space hulk tiles, if it's normal places, you could just use aerial photography and overlay a grid.

#3 signoftheserpent

signoftheserpent

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

Actually it's for the final battle in the Akrinus Chamber at the top of the Temple. But anything I can use in the future would help. I know there's software out there, but I don't want a load of fiddly nonsense, just something that can be used to create a decent looking map, rather than a hand drawn affair.

#4 Librarian

Librarian

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

you could check out D&D dungeon tiles, or possibly if you can find them the star wars tiles they did they are like 6 inch by 6 inch squares normally that you assemble as you wish to make a map.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS