• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Asuka

Asuka

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3402

Supposedly based around the Battlefield phase, contrasting the development then questing themes from the previous cycles. They mention two new keywords for the set: Ambush and Raider, however if you look at the Empire card in the preview it mentions experience…. haven't heard of this before in WHI…

Can't wait for previews… personally I hope there are some decent early defensive cards like walls or fortifications to prevent more rushed game play and allow developing strategies.

#2 Doc9

Doc9

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:23 AM

So they do listen to us. This idea about laying a unit as a development and paying a cost to flip them over was brought up in a previous discussion. It's a great idea. I just wish the Wood Elves Forest Spirit trait had this from the beginning as it's ability along with it's current ability of turning into a development.

#3 Asmoridin

Asmoridin

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:09 PM

Oooh, I didn't notice the mention of experience.  I would love to see something like that enter the game.  Two new keywords, and potential for another mechanic?  Yes. Please.

#4 Asuka

Asuka

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:14 PM

Doc9 said:

So they do listen to us. This idea about laying a unit as a development and paying a cost to flip them over was brought up in a previous discussion. It's a great idea. I just wish the Wood Elves Forest Spirit trait had this from the beginning as it's ability along with it's current ability of turning into a development.

Agreed, IMO many of the Forest Spirits are just too expensive. Being turned into a development is nice, but the cost of the unit and triggering the ability makes it questionable to use.

Now if we had some sort of support/tactic card to turn developed Forest Spirits face up that could help…

#5 Doc9

Doc9

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

Asuka said:

Now if we had some sort of support/tactic card to turn developed Forest Spirits face up that could help…

I agree 100%.

#6 Asmoridin

Asmoridin

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

Well, experience was mentioned in the most recent news article.  Looks like a fun mechanic, at least.

#7 Zcurator

Zcurator

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

Just popping in to take credit for the flipping developements as units and stuff mechanics. Glad they felt inspired to use the mechanics. 

Peace

#8 Doc9

Doc9

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

Like the new Z in front of the name curator. Very cloak and dagger.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS