Axis Platoon 150/200 points.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 spoook

spoook

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

I am putting together an Axis Platoon for 150 point games that can easily be upgraded for 200 point games. Please give me your thoughts.  I am new and have not yet played a game. That being said, I would like to start off with a good platoon.

***** BLUTKREUZ PLATOON - 148 pts - VERSION 1.A *****

COMMAND SECTION - STUMPIONIERE SQUAD - 25 pts

1ST SECTION - LASER GRENADIERS - 21 pts

2ND SECTION - HEAVY FLAK GRENADIERS - 26 pts

3RD SECTION - HEAVY RECON GRENADIERS - 30 pts

4TH SECTION - RECON GRENADIERS - 17 pts

SUPPORT UNIT - SNIPER GRENADIER TEAM - 12 pts

SUPPORT  UNIT - SNIPER GRENADIER TEAM - 12 pts

PLATOON UPGRADE - DEFENSES - 5 pts

***** BLUTKREUZ PLATOON - 199 pts - VERSION 2.A *****

4TH SECTION - BATTLE GRENADIERS - 17 pts

SUPPORT UNIT - LOTHAR (MEDIUM PANER WALKER) - 40pts

ADDITIONAL SUPPORT - BEOBACHTER TEAM - 8 pts

PLATOON UPGRADE - IMPLACABLE - 15 pts

#2 TakeshiKovacs

TakeshiKovacs

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

Only 1 platoon upgrade per platoon, you have 2 in your 2nd list.

As far as the force composition I think you're making a mistake by going without a walker in the 148 AP list. The soldiers you're taking don't have the firepower to bring down medium or heavy tanks and your snipers will be the target of choice for your opponent until he kills them both. The Axis infantry doesn't do the anti-vehicle thing as well as the Allies infantry does. I would build a Sturmgrenadier plt. for the first list, throw out some of the soldier-3s (especially the lasers), take a Ludwig.

#3 spoook

spoook

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:22 AM

How about I change the recon grenadiers in VERSION 1.A for heavy grenadiers in VERSION 2.B?

The heavy flak grenadiers have 3 people that can attack up to 2/1 against level 3 tanks.

The battle grenadiers have 1 guy who attacks up to level 7 tanks 1/3, and 2 guys who attack up to level 7 tanks 1/2.

The laser grenadiers have 4 guys who attack level three tanks 1/1, and 1 guys who attacks level 7 1/1.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This would create a total attack value on level three tanks of  6/3 and 1/1.

and level 7 tanks 1/3, 2/4, and 1/1.

I though that would be enough fire power to bring down and panzer walkers in a 150 pt game.

Am I wrong?

#4 spoook

spoook

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:32 AM

HOW ABOUT THESE CHANGES?

***** BLUTKREUZ PLATOON - 148 pts - VERSION 1.B *****

4TH SECTION - BATTLE GRENADIERS - 17 pts

SUPPORT  UNIT - SNIPER GRENADIER TEAM - 12 pts

***** BLUTKREUZ PLATOON - 200 pts - VERSION 2.B *****

4TH SECTION - BATTLE GRENADIERS  (UPGRADED) - 20 pts

SUPPORT UNIT - LOTHAR (MEDIUM PANER WALKER) - 40pts

SUPPORT UNIT - HANS (LIGHT WALKER) - 25 pts

ADDITIONAL SUPPORT - BEOBACHTER TEAM - 8 pts

#5 TakeshiKovacs

TakeshiKovacs

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:12 AM

spoook said:

How about I change the recon grenadiers in VERSION 1.A for heavy grenadiers in VERSION 2.B?

The heavy flak grenadiers have 3 people that can attack up to 2/1 against level 3 tanks.

The battle grenadiers have 1 guy who attacks up to level 7 tanks 1/3, and 2 guys who attack up to level 7 tanks 1/2.

The laser grenadiers have 4 guys who attack level three tanks 1/1, and 1 guys who attacks level 7 1/1.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This would create a total attack value on level three tanks of  6/3 and 1/1.

and level 7 tanks 1/3, 2/4, and 1/1.

I though that would be enough fire power to bring down and panzer walkers in a 150 pt game.

Am I wrong?

You'll kill light tanks. Medium tanks are vehicle-4. Heavy tanks are DC 10, 10 "hit points" each and they will roll 7 armor dice. BUT you won't see too many heavy walkers in a 150 pt. game. Medium walkers, yes, they will roll 4 armor dice (and are DC 4) against your hits and are more likely to add 1 or 2 successes due to cover.

Play whatever you want, the force that seems like it will be the most fun is what you should play. 

#6 spoook

spoook

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

Our game today helped me understand the point you are making. I also got to see the advantage of deploying later with the Hans. I wish Chris would have played to win.

#7 TakeshiKovacs

TakeshiKovacs

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:37 AM

spoook said:

Our game today helped me understand the point you are making. I also got to see the advantage of deploying later with the Hans. I wish Chris would have played to win.

You had a real good showing for it being your first miniatures wargame. You and me should play a game, I'll get a hold of you the week after next and we'll set something up for TTS or Gunslinger. In the meantime check out this site, good DW discussion over there:

javascript:void(0);/*1341776217074*/

#8 spoook

spoook

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

TakeshiKovacs said:

spoook said:

You had a real good showing for it being your first miniatures wargame. You and me should play a game, I'll get a hold of you the week after next and we'll set something up for TTS or Gunslinger. In the meantime check out this site, good DW discussion over there:

javascript:void(0);/*1341776217074*/

That website is a beating it took about an hour to get signed up because I don't know dust history and the verification questions were killing me. Then I tried to post a question about artillery strikes and again more history questions about Dust. I'll probably lurk that site, but will not be posting.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS