Some pros and cons regarding OW vs BC and other systems.
1. Scatter back to the old rule. - Yay shotguns are usable again, but why only 1d10+3 for pump action?
2. Twin-linked back to the old rule - Double yay
3. Regiment creation rules are ok,
4. Eviscerator is back! - a little nerfed but still ok, a real can opener.
5. All weapon modifications! - back to weapon porn! And with their own availibilty too. All the best stuff from other systems collected. Very nice. I would also write one sentence that some more complicated modification cannot be freely switched between weapons.
6. Cybernetics - same as mods - all the good stuff.
7. Orks! And Dark eldar with all their fancy deadly weapons. Very nice. Also - lances are IMBA OP deadly ass hell. (not that they shouldn't) Maybe too much initial damage, but only little.
1. Plasma weapons back to being weak. Or usable every other turn. Why? Were plasma guns too powerfull in BC? They were finally better than boltguns.
2. No power armours
3. Heavy flamer nerfed too much. No real difference between normal flamer= leave it at home.
4. Triplex pattern lasgun availability rare = same as hellgun (hot shot lasgun). Now compare stats.
5. Needle weapons very toxic, but still very weak - they are very rare, and need weapon talent. I'd pick long las with mods every time.
6. No utility powers - All powers ported directly from 6ed 40k. I understand this is only war and grimm dark. But psyker still should be able to send toughts or read mind. Or set up imperial tarot to divine his future. Lift a simple object with telekinesis or light a lho stick with piromancy. This things make this game less rpg and more dumb shooter.
7. Endurance power too weak. Change number of recovered wound to PR and should be ok. Or instead have it remove points of fatigue.
8. Tanks are too tough. Armour should be reduced. AV 10 = 20, Av 11=25, AV 12-30 etc.