Crickets…

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:17 AM

I see that it has been quite a while since the last post on here. The total lack of news from FFG on this is disappointing. I was really excited for this game and was ready to buy it when the original date was reached. Then, they decided to re-do the game and we haven't heard anything else. It would appear that we ran out of gas on pure speculation (it was running on fumes for quite some time). At this point, I'm no longer excited about the game. I'm really hoping to hear something new about this game and I'm hoping it's not just another Star Wars disappointment. I mean, we've already had enough since 1997. HAN SHOT FIRST!

#2 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:39 AM

herozeromes said:

I see that it has been quite a while since the last post on here. The total lack of news from FFG on this is disappointing. I was really excited for this game and was ready to buy it when the original date was reached. Then, they decided to re-do the game and we haven't heard anything else. It would appear that we ran out of gas on pure speculation (it was running on fumes for quite some time). At this point, I'm no longer excited about the game. I'm really hoping to hear something new about this game and I'm hoping it's not just another Star Wars disappointment. I mean, we've already had enough since 1997. HAN SHOT FIRST!

The Jedi teach patience, so that's the optimistic approach I've been trying to take. Still, it is definitely disappointing to not hear anything in so long. I have a feeling we'll hear something from Gencon though, which is just over a month away.

On the general Star Wars disappointment though, there's been plenty of awesome stuff we've got lately. The complete blu ray set is AMAZING regardless of the changes, the Darth Plagueis novel was the first really awesome SWEU book in a while, there's that new Old Republic MMO game. And do you watch the Clone Wars tv show? It started off maybe a bit kiddish but the last two seasons have been anything but. It has been SO good lately! I'd say it's now one of the best shows on tv, animated or not.

#3 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:14 PM

Mattr0polis said:

On the general Star Wars disappointment though, there's been plenty of awesome stuff we've got lately. The complete blu ray set is AMAZING regardless of the changes,

no… no it is not.. it is ******* unwatchable.. shame on you.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#4 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:41 AM

The blu ray edition looks great on a high-end TV . . . but I don't have one of those so it's just "meh". But I've only watched the 6 episodes. I haven't watched the bonus material yet.

The point about GenCon is good. I forgot about the possibility of more info (and maybe a play test) at GenCon. Between X-wing, Rune Age: Oath and Anvil, and SW:TCG, there's a lot to look forward to from GenCon.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#5 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:11 AM

booored said:

Lol.

#6 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

Mattr0polis said:

booored said:

Lol.

Lol Lol.

#7 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:15 AM

booored said:

Mattr0polis said:

On the general Star Wars disappointment though, there's been plenty of awesome stuff we've got lately. The complete blu ray set is AMAZING regardless of the changes,

I'm tempted to buy the set just for the bonus materials. But, the Dark Side is the quick and easy path. I'm still holding out for the classic versions.

That said, I did think that the blinking Ewoks was a good change. But that's about it.

#8 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

Dawn take you all!

#9 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:19 PM

herozeromes said:

That said, I did think that the blinking Ewoks was a good change. But that's about it.

That actually freaked me out the first time I saw it. I wasn't expecting it and thought I was seeing things. I got used to it after a while.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#10 Doc9

Doc9

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:05 AM

George Lucas is a sociopath. He should have left everything alone.

#11 spirit

spirit

• Members
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:09 AM

This is the first time in a couple of months since I've even logged onto this forum. We need news. Badly need news. Here's hoping for Gen Con but right now I'm not holding my breath. 

#12 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

spirit said:

This is the first time in a couple of months since I've even logged onto this forum. We need news. Badly need news. Here's hoping for Gen Con but right now I'm not holding my breath. 

That's good. No use anyone passing out :)

#13 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:07 PM

Between the X-wing previews and news that SW:TOR is becoming free-to-play, I'm in Star Wars heaven right now. At this point, the LCG can take its time.

--Count Dooku

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS