Fast Ability

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bsantucci

bsantucci

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:10 AM

Can the Fast ability be added to a march move? I was under the impression it could not be added. But my buddy keeps insisting it can be added to a march move.

#2 Zinger5656

Zinger5656

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:24 AM

page 55 - can be used once per turn - even with a march move

#3 Major Malfunction

Major Malfunction

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:45 AM

What Zinger says. NOTE: The Fast ability only confers one extra 6" of movement… it does not add 6" per move so a march action for a Fast unit is only 18" not 24". Also, Fast may not be used for Reactions so no 12" jump backs. That requires "Agile".

#4 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:24 AM

Major Malfunction said:

What Zinger says. NOTE: The Fast ability only confers one extra 6" of movement… it does not add 6" per move so a march action for a Fast unit is only 18" not 24". Also, Fast may not be used for Reactions so no 12" jump backs. That requires "Agile".

Correct, Also Fast can not be moved for an ordered move action in the command phase.

#5 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:07 AM

Denied said:

Major Malfunction said:

Correct, Also Fast can not be moved for an ordered move action in the command phase.

That is not correct.  As far as I've read, nothing stops you from using Fast in the command phase.  Its only stipulation is that it's once per turn (so no fast in the command phase and then try to use fast in the move phase), and that it cannot be used on a move reaction.

#6 BDub

BDub

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

blkdymnd said:

That is not correct.  As far as I've read, nothing stops you from using Fast in the command phase.  Its only stipulation is that it's once per turn (so no fast in the command phase and then try to use fast in the move phase), and that it cannot be used on a move reaction.

This is my understanding as well, and I was not corrected on it while playing with Mack, so I am inclined to continue this practice.

#7 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

Yeah, I've always understood it to be an either/or thing. It can be used once per turn on any move action, Either in the command phase or in the unit phase, but not both, and certainly not twice on a March Move as specifically forbidden in the rules. 

#8 Major Malfunction

Major Malfunction

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

The only restriction on Fast is only once per turn… I can't find anything that says you can't use it in the Orders phase.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS