Jump to content



Photo

A Song of Boats and Ports


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Royas

Royas

    Member

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

Hi everyone, I have a few questions pertaining boats and ports on this beautiful board game :

 

  • As I begin with the Greyjoys, I have 1 ship on Pyke's port and another in Ironman's bay. Can I move the ship on Pyke's port into "Golden Sound" or "Sunset Sea" in one move or must the other ship in "Ironman's bay" need to have another "move token" ?
  • Concerning orders : let's say we are on "Dragonstone" where I have a footman. "Shipbreaker's bay" has one of my ships and I have another on "Dragonstone's" port. Do I have to give a specific order to the ship inside the port ? Or can he receive the same order given to my unit on "Dragonstone' or the same order given to the ship unit on "Shipbreaker's bay" ?
  • Can I consolidate power with a ship inside one of my ports ?
  • Can ships move more than one area if an allied ship also has a "move action token" ? Like land units do.
  • If I have a ship in the "Narrow Sea" and I want to move him inside my "White Harbor" port, do I need a move action token ?
  • In fact does a ship inside a port need a move action token to leave it ?

That about sums it up, turns out there doesn't seem to be much I understand about boats ;)

That being said, this is an excellent game and we do have loads of fun playing it (although we tend to disagree on some boat rules, hence the post).

Thanks for the help.

 



#2 dypaca

dypaca

    Member

  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:03 AM

A port is a separate area which is adjacent to one land area and one sea area.  The units in it are separate from the land and sea area and receive their own order.

Royas said:

•As I begin with the Greyjoys, I have 1 ship on Pyke's port and another in Ironman's bay. Can I move the ship on Pyke's port into "Golden Sound" or "Sunset Sea" in one move or must the other ship in "Ironman's bay" need to have another "move token" ?

 

Only to Ironman's bay.

Royas said:

•Concerning orders : let's say we are on "Dragonstone" where I have a footman. "Shipbreaker's bay" has one of my ships and I have another on "Dragonstone's" port. Do I have to give a specific order to the ship inside the port ? Or can he receive the same order given to my unit on "Dragonstone' or the same order given to the ship unit on "Shipbreaker's bay" ?

 

A ship in port gets its own order.  The order in Dragonstone itself does not affect the ship in port.

Royas said:

•Can I consolidate power with a ship inside one of my ports ?

 

Yes, unlike a sea area, you may consolidate power in a port, but only if the sea area adjacent to the port is not controlled by another player.

Royas said:

•Can ships move more than one area if an allied ship also has a "move action token" ? Like land units do.

 

Yes, a march order can always move any non-routed units in the area, even if they already moved this round.  It doesn't matter what type of area it is.

Royas said:

•If I have a ship in the "Narrow Sea" and I want to move him inside my "White Harbor" port, do I need a move action token ?

 

Yes, unless you are retreating from the narrow sea after losing a battle.

Royas said:

•In fact does a ship inside a port need a move action token to leave it ?

 

Yes, you must resolve a march order in the port to move ships out.  If you lose control of the connected land area, the ships in the port will be destroyed.



#3 Royas

Royas

    Member

  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:43 AM

That's very clear, thank you :)

I'll dedicate my next victory to you






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS