Reactions Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Trasvi

Trasvi

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

I've played only a few games of DW so far, and ran into a question last night that I couldn't see the direct answer to:

Are units affected by suppression gained during their activation?

For example: a unit executes a MOVE-SHOOT action, and the move provokes a SHOOT reaction. The reaction scores some hits and a suppression marker is placed. Can the activating unit still execute their SHOOT action?

A slightly different, but similar situation: a unit with a reaction marker executes a MOVE action, which provokes a SHOOT reaction at the beginning of the move. The reaction scores hits, places a suppression marker. Can the unit still perform its MOVE action?

#2 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

The active unit gets all the actions it declared at the start of their activation. 

Rulebook, Page 47 reads…

"Suppression and Reactions

Suppressed units cannot make reactions. If a unit is activated and becomes suppressed by a reaction from an enemy unit, it still completes its activation as normal. Units determine their number of actions at the beginning of the activation (after rolling to remove Suppression markers) and do not, therefore, lose an action if suppressed during their activation."

I highlighted the important parts via Bold & Italics for emphasis. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS