Photo

FINALLY Settling On My Decks! Still need some more input! UPDATED LISTS AND THIRD DECK ADDED!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GongShowHost

GongShowHost

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

So after poring over this and other message boards for the right strategies and decks, I think I've settled on a solid pair from Bohemond and benhanses. I do need a third so I was hoping to get some insight into what a third deck to compliment these two should look like. Each one is based on a list I've found on this site and has been modified to work better in multiplayer and to accommodate the fact that I only have two core sets. Other substitutions have been made to circumvent uniqueness issues between the two.

UPDATED DECKLISTS

Deck #1 - Modified Bohemond's Solo Wonder V1.5

Heroes (24 Threat):

Glorfindel (Spirit), Beravor, Eowyn

Lore (20):

Gleowine x2
Miner of the Iron Hills x2
Warden of Healing x3
Erebor Hammersmith x2
Asfaloth x3
Protector of Lorien x2
Daeron’s Runes x3
Lore of Imladris x3

Spirit (28):

Arwen Undomiel x3
Elfhelm x1
Northern Tracker x3
Light of Valinor x3
Unexpected Courage x2
Song of Earendil x3
A Test of Will x3
Elrond’s Counsel x3
Dwarven Tomb x2
Hasty Stroke x2
The Galadhrim’s Greeting x3

Neutral (2):

Gandalf x2

Deck #2 (Based on benhanses' Zigil/Gildor Resource Deck)_V1.5

Heroes (27 Threat):
Bifur, Dáin Ironfoot, Dwalin

Neutral (3):

Gandalf x3

Leadership (10):

Faramir x2
Longbeard Orc Slayer x2
Sneak Attack x2
Steward of Gondor x3
Grim Resolve x1

Lore (20):

Erebor Record Keeper x3
Miner of the Iron Hills x2
Erebor Hammersmith x2
Daughter of the Nimrodel x2
Mirkwood Runner x3
Gildor Inglorion x3
Legacy of Durin x2
Beorn's Hospitality x1
Lorien's Wealth x2

Spirit (17):

Imladris Stargazer x3
Zigil Miner x3
Fortune Or Fate x1
A Test Of Will x3
Hasty Stroke x2
Will of the West x2
Untroubled By Darkness x3

Deck #3 Leadership/Tactics_v1.0

Heroes (29 Threat):

Legolas, Elladan, Elrohir

Neutral (3):

Gandalf x3

Leadership (15):

Snowbourn Scout x3
Dunedain Mark x3
Dunedain Warning x3
Sneak Attack x3
Camfire Tales x3

Tactics (32):

Beorn x3
Vassal of the Windlord x3
Gondorian Spearman x3
Veteran Axehand x3
Winged Guardian x3
Horesback Archer x3
Horn of Gondor 2
Rivendell Bow x3
Rivendell Sword x3
Quick Strike x3
Feint x3

The third deck focuses entirely on dealing with combat while the other two quest. This deck should be able to handle multiple enemies at once, while the other two can probably manage one or two enemies slipping through the machine that is Elladan and Elrohir. This deck is obviously weak at questing, but with the natural willpower of the twins, Legolas` ability, and the other two decks being so good it we should be fine.

#2 GongShowHost

GongShowHost

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

I forgot to mention that I'm thinking of making an Elladan, Elrohir, Legolas or Elladan, Elrohir, Theodred deck to team up with these three. Something to add some fight to the group using Dunedain Marks and Warnings and cheap, cost-effective characters. Does that sound  about right? The other two are so focused on healing, questing, and card draw that I think Leadership/Tactics would bring much to the table.

#3 hildargo

hildargo

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

If you are thinking about using Elrohir, I would put a Song of Wisdom and Burning Brand in either of those decks to slap on him. When paired with Arwen, he would be a wall with 4 defense, able to defend anywhere on the table and getting rid of those nasty shadow effects. I would consider taking out Henamarth Riversong just because his ability isn't that useful in multiplayer. As for all of the healing, I would consider replacing some of those cards with other cards in the Lore sphere. Mirkwood Runner is a nice attacker, and is the same cost as Daughter of Nimrodel. Or maybe Haldir of Lorien.

#4 Bohemond

Bohemond

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

I'm quite interested in hearing how these two decks work together as a unit.  I have some misgivings about the second deck, mostly concerning the time it takes to get your engine on the board, but I suspect those come from lack of experience and ignorance on my part, rather than any flaw in the actual list.  I was surprised not to see Stargazer in the second list; isn't a natrual pair with Zigil? 

I want session summaries!

#5 GongShowHost

GongShowHost

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

I think I'm gonna swap the West Road Travelers for Imladris Stargazers. Unfortunately you'll have to wait on reports as my play group isn't getting together until this weekend at the earliest. I'm gettin' antsy!

#6 GongShowHost

GongShowHost

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:58 PM

EDIT: Decided to just add the changes and third deck to the first post.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS