• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Paradoks

Paradoks

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:58 AM

Hello,

Right now we use base Talisman with Reaper, Sacred Pool and Frostmarch. I have impression that in this huge pile of Adventures there are simply not enough Enemies and for 10 or more rounds certain player is drawing it's Event, Object, Stranger and so on - mostly something that don't push his character ahead, giving him ablility to develop skills.

Did someone checked what is general proportion of Enemies to the other cards in core set? Does it change in expansions?

I think that I will just stop using some other cards, as I think that mostly Enemies push this game forward (in most cool way at least ;)).

#2 Jimmythecritic

Jimmythecritic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

I thought the same, so I purchased the Upgrade Pack that FFG published to allow people who had purchased the Black Industries 4th Ed buy a cheaper option than the whole game. It included characters, tokens and cards. I added all the monsters, and a bunch of the spells. Plus a double load of dice & coins. Works a treat.

#3 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

The Enemy ratio to other cards is perfectly fine in the core set and the expansions for the game. It's about having an adventure not fighting all the time!

Ell.

#4 chsic

chsic

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

Hello, the last little extension (the blood moon) have the most elevated ennemies ratio, get it, this is for you ! 

#5 zorroopium

zorroopium

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

My suggestion is, dont use add any expansion when the players are less than 4. And any time when you play Talisman , use 1 expansion only. 

#6 Ringskipper

Ringskipper

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

I've discovered the same, so my boyfriend and I sat down and picked apart the massive Adventure Deck until we made sure there were enough enemies, and cut the filler cards that didn't really bring much to the game.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS