Jump to content



Photo

EAGLE question


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jerry1989

jerry1989

    Member

  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:48 AM

Hello, i have question about eagle event named Meneldors Flight.

The card says : "ACTION: Choose na Eagle ally. Return that character to its owners hand."

 

Can i choose eagle ally in discard pile? I think i can, because there isnt condition "eagle ally in play" but better be sure:-)

Thanks fo answer.



#2 muemakan

muemakan

    Member

  • Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:03 AM

 No, only eagles in play. Actions refer to cards in play unless stated otherwise.



#3 Chaos101

Chaos101

    Member

  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:39 AM

Probably being dumb as I have only had this game a short while but….. why would you want to return an eagle ally to your hand?

You spend all that resource getting it into play only to then remove it. Landroval for example costs 5 to play (which isn't cheap).

The only reason I can think of could be that the eagle character has so many wounds on it that it is close to being killed, in which case you return it to your hand to play again.

I presume in this case it returns as an ally with all of it's wounds removed?

 


It's not the fall that kills you.... it's hitting the ground at the end!


#4 Angus Lee

Angus Lee

    Member

  • Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:01 AM

Correct, when an ally returns to your hand and then you play it again, it will not carry any wound, essentially healing it.

Moreover, there is an eagle ally that deals two damages to an enemy in the staging area when it comes into play and leaves play, so you will want to return it to your hand (thus deals two damages) and then play it again (deal two damages again).


Once ... Always ...

My blog (in Simplified Chinese): http://blog.sina.com/b0ardgames

#5 CJMatos

CJMatos

    Member

  • Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:25 AM

Angus Lee said:

Correct, when an ally returns to your hand and then you play it again, it will not carry any wound, essentially healing it.

Moreover, there is an eagle ally that deals two damages to an enemy in the staging area when it comes into play and leaves play, so you will want to return it to your hand (thus deals two damages) and then play it again (deal two damages again).

 

It's the Descendant of Thorondor ally.

 

That is a very good reason to return it to your hand, instead of letting him go to discard pile


Carlos José Matos


#6 Chaos101

Chaos101

    Member

  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:30 AM

Thanks, Guys.

 

But what happens to Vassal of the Winglord?

After using Vassal in the combat phase, you have to discard it. Where does the timing come into this?

I mean does the event card Meneldors Flight stop him going to the discard pile, or can you save him to play again?

After all, it is a cheap card at 1 resource but attacks with 3. Just a shame you can only use him once - or maybe twice with Meneldors Flight?
 


It's not the fall that kills you.... it's hitting the ground at the end!


#7 Glaurung

Glaurung

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:59 AM

Chaos101 said:

Thanks, Guys.

 

But what happens to Vassal of the Winglord?

After using Vassal in the combat phase, you have to discard it. Where does the timing come into this?

I mean does the event card Meneldors Flight stop him going to the discard pile, or can you save him to play again?

After all, it is a cheap card at 1 resource but attacks with 3. Just a shame you can only use him once - or maybe twice with Meneldors Flight?
 

You cannot get him back cose force effect(on eagle card) trigger before any other effects. So after you resolve combat you discard him by his force effect and there is no time for response effect of Meneldors Flight.


Wizard is never late.......

 

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   


#8 Chaos101

Chaos101

    Member

  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:43 AM

Hmmmm…. thought as much.

Thanks for clearing it up for me though.


It's not the fall that kills you.... it's hitting the ground at the end!


#9 Azharh

Azharh

    Member

  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:10 AM

 Another way to use this card is to "fuel" the power of the Eagle of the Misty Mountains. When your eagle ally leaves play to go back to your hand, just choose to make it an attachement for the EotMM instead :)



#10 Nerdmeister

Nerdmeister

    Member

  • Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

Azharh said:

 Another way to use this card is to "fuel" the power of the Eagle of the Misty Mountains. When your eagle ally leaves play to go back to your hand, just choose to make it an attachement for the EotMM instead :)

Oh hadn´t thought about that one. Thanks for the tip :)






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS