Alchemy Puzzle Tip

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

When you pull out your alchemy tiles, be sure you have a set-up tile and 12 alchemy puzzle pieces; unlike other puzzles, missing one, especially a yellow one, can make the puzzle impossible. I've played two close games that were completely ruined because I never realized a yellow piece was underneath all my other puzzle set-up tiles, away from the other alchemy pieces.

Thought I'd share what seems to be an obvious idea, until you are ready to set fire to your board game's alchemy puzzle in frustration.

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,291 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:04 AM

Meh, even if you go 8/8 on the puzzle, you can still fail it. Only play of Lost in Time and Space so far, end went like this. Kate Winthrop, Alchemy Puzzle, 8/8, rolls a 10. Next turn, 8/8, rolls a 9. I play Panic on her after she takes horror to move her three spaces, thus wasting a turn. She runs back, fourth attempt, 5/8, rolls an 8, fifth try, 8/8, rolls a 10.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

Dam said:

Meh, even if you go 8/8 on the puzzle, you can still fail it. Only play of Lost in Time and Space so far, end went like this. Kate Winthrop, Alchemy Puzzle, 8/8, rolls a 10. Next turn, 8/8, rolls a 9. I play Panic on her after she takes horror to move her three spaces, thus wasting a turn. She runs back, fourth attempt, 5/8, rolls an 8, fifth try, 8/8, rolls a 10.

Oh, no!

Yeah, just wanted to let players get at least odds of winning. We didn't even get that when I misplaced the yellow piece in the box unwittingly.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS