Photo

hellspawn mutation, can u survive with something like that?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jack_px

jack_px

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:47 AM

Last week i was playing with my friends and one of them just got a mutation and almost got this one, my question is, what can you do if you got this mutation?, i mean is a notorius mutation?, can you hide this nature somehow???, honestly i wasnt sure what could happen if my player got this one.

#2 Gurkhal

Gurkhal

• Members
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

The only trait given by Hellspawn that I can see is the Frightening trait which I would rule could be concealed by a Concealment Test. Otherwise the other stuff seems pretty internal and are not likely to be noticed if you keep a low profile.  

#3 MKX

MKX

• Members
  • 866 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

He's now eminently more survivable than many humans… unfortunately "where" he can survive is pretty much limited to outside any normal Imperial civilisation.

Lot of the mutation descriptions aren't well worded or adequetely describe just how majorly screwed up and weird something like that is, for example: Daemonic Aura…. doesn't actually exist, he's just Daemonic, which is a whole bundle of fun and you can't hide that anywhere when one of the chaos gods has taken an interest enough to bless him with such a drastic appearance!

He didn't just get splashed with some whacky heretek's super-mutie juice down in the lab that made him have red spotty skin or something, this chaos **** just got real mate! :)

#4 jack_px

jack_px

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:15 AM

soo, if an acolite got this mutation, a purge will be coming xDDD, unless the inquisitor its a radical one.

#5 Cobramax76

Cobramax76

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:31 AM

After reviewing the description of the Traits involved with the hellspawn major mutation ( IE. From Beyond - Daemonic ( daemonic aura was a mispelling ) and Frightening ( actually  the Fear 2 trait )

I can see where MKX is coming from BUT…to correct him..The Daemonic  trait does NOTHING to your outward appearance to give the idea of you being touched by chaos  ALL it says is that you double your T bonus against all damage except for Holy , Force weapons , Psy powers and other daemonic traited creatures..as well as being immune to poison and diseases..It says NOTHING about outward appearance ( your Fear 2 trait of Frightening can do that )….as the description for that is as follows

A creature with this trait has an unnerving appearance its fear rating ( 1-4) indicates just how awful this creature is to behold.  The higher the fear rating the harder it is for others to resist going insane from the encounter.

So it isnt the Daemonic trait that would cause the issue..it is the Fear/frightening trait that would cause an issue..but this too could be played off as some horrible accident or result of fighting whatever creature(s) that caused the deformity/disfigurement ( according to how you and your GM wanted to play it out )…it could actually easily be workable…if you wanted to have some kind of horrible burn or issue…which would easily be possible when fighting a creature or in a fight with something suitable to cause such mutations….and then simply get Inquisitorial permission to either always wear some kind of envirosuit gear ( mask/rebreather and suitable coverings ) to prevent issues…or even to masquerade as a low level tech adept..lol always in some kind of armour ( much the same as a space marine would be or a assassin sometimes …always in their garb…but otherwise physically hidden from view by others to prevent unwanted problems….

So to sum it up…could it be a purge worthy mutation…oh hell yes..lol…Does it have to be however..NO not at all..depending on how you and your GM want to play it out and your levels of creativity for it all….

Hope that helps

#6 Faern

Faern

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:25 AM

The whole "terrible to behold" part doesnt HAVE to be linked to appearence. It could just as well just be the effects of the warp lingering around him unseen, cause people to get unnerved (read: PANIC!!)

But yea, its basicly up to the GM to determine what kinda appearence the fear trait takes :)

#7 jack_px

jack_px

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:19 PM

Thanks people, this helped me a lot :D.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS