• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DougE

DougE

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

Hey all,

Upon reading the rulebook, I was wondering about the idea of increasing the infantry size from 5 figures to 9 or 10.  Is this even possible and if so, would one have to pay for the full points?

Or is it set that the squad is just that size (5 mini's)?

Thanks,

Doug

#2 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:08 AM

The biggest size you may legally create ATM, is 7. Take a Soldier 2 unit (5 soldiers), attach a Soldier 2 hero (For the cost of the hero's AP), add a Radio operator via the, "Improved Command" platoon upgrade (5 AP). 

Example:

• Manfred - 15 AP
  • Battle Grenadiers - 17 AP
  • Extra Radioman - 5 AP

Total = 7 Soldiers for 37 AP. 

#3 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:42 AM

Shadow4ce said:

The biggest size you may legally create ATM, is 7. Take a Soldier 2 unit (5 soldiers), attach a Soldier 2 hero (For the cost of the hero's AP), add a Radio operator via the, "Improved Command" platoon upgrade (5 AP). 

Example:

• Manfred - 15 AP
  • Extra Radioman - 5 AP

Extra radioman can only be inserted into 2 different command sections for both sides.  Your number still stands, because unlike in Tactics, I don't see a Warfare rule keeping heroes from joining command squads.

#4 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:10 PM

blkdymnd said:

Shadow4ce said:

Example:

• Manfred - 15 AP
  • Extra Radioman - 5 AP

Extra radioman can only be inserted into 2 different command sections for both sides.  Your number still stands, because unlike in Tactics, I don't see a Warfare rule keeping heroes from joining command squads.

Sorry. Failed to state in my example, Manfred is the Command Section. 

#5 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

Shadow4ce said:

blkdymnd said:

Shadow4ce said:

Example:

• Manfred - 15 AP
  • Extra Radioman - 5 AP

Sorry. Failed to state in my example, Manfred is the Command Section. 

Still doesn't work.  For Axis, extra radio can only go in Kommandtrupp or Sturmpioniere 

#6 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

blkdymnd said:

Still doesn't work.  For Axis, extra radio can only go in Kommandtrupp or Sturmpioniere 

Right you are!  I owe my opponents an apology from last Saturday (Played a team game with my daughter and I each taking a 150 AP platoon vs two of my friends kitted out the same way). I was apparently a dirty cheater head. Rats! 

Glad I only did that once, or my apology list would be very long. 

*Edit to add - Allies Improved Command works the same way, so they need to have hero attached to command squad. 

PS - SSU Commissar Squad's attachment ability might give them the opportunity to have larger squads. We'll have to wait for their rules to see if they have Improved Command, a hero, and a Commissar attachment allowed. 

#7 BDub

BDub

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:07 PM

Shadow4ce said:

PS - SSU Commissar Squad's attachment ability might give them the opportunity to have larger squads. We'll have to wait for their rules to see if they have Improved Command, a hero, and a Commissar attachment allowed. 

Mack told me at WGC that a Commissar would be able to do something along the lines of merging two squads into one larger squad.

#8 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:31 AM

BDub said:

Shadow4ce said:

Mack told me at WGC that a Commissar would be able to do something along the lines of merging two squads into one larger squad.

Yeah I think the SSU are going to get an ability to do this, but I think its sort of a trade off because I haven't seen any Armor 3 SSU models yet has anyone else?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS