• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Testudo Maximus

Testudo Maximus

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:18 PM

G'Day All

Today we had our third game of Dust Warfare . Two of us had played before , the other four were all novices who picked up the game rather quickly. We missed a few special rules here and there but it was just meant as an intro game . Our main focus for Wargames is usually historical or Sci Fi , so tyo play a WWW2 game was a little enjoyable distraction for all of us . We played a 400 pt game with three platoons a side each platoon played by a different person.

Please enjoy some in-game photos , i apologise in advance if they appear too large . You may notice some of  the Axis have had extra webbing and different heads added to add interest to the figures . I painted them in various Late War camouflage for a veteran appearance .

We all had a good game although my Axis were given a right royal flogging by the Allied forces , my thanks to Ragnar for taking the pictures .

cheers Tom

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Testudo Maximus

Testudo Maximus

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

Well that bites doesnt it ?

My apologies,  when i figure it out i shall post some in game pictures,

Moderators please feel free to delete entire thread

cheers Tom

#3 Ehrfried von Trauwitz-Hellwich

Ehrfried von Trauwitz-Hellwich

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:42 PM

Battle of Altona? Bist du aus Hamburg? Hast du/ihr Interesse an einem Treffen? Gibt ja noch nicht so viele DW Spieler in HH. Wir spielen meistens im Tabletopshop (momentan ein Achsen und ein Alliierten Spieler). wenzeslaus(ät)gmx.net

#4 Testudo Maximus

Testudo Maximus

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:45 AM

Ha Ha Ha , Sorry Mate, Altona is also a small suburb outside of Melbourne Australia .

Altona is where my local gaming club meets , i name most of our games after the suburb whether it be Sci Fi , Fantasy , or Historical , its always the Battle of Altona when we play .

cheers Tom

#5 Ehrfried von Trauwitz-Hellwich

Ehrfried von Trauwitz-Hellwich

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:50 AM

Ok, thanks. 

#6 Pudge

Pudge

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:01 AM

Sounds Like a cracking game. I didn't know their were any Australians on this forum. I've been trying to convince a couple of blokes at the gaming club I visit to play but no one's taken the bait so I have'nt been able to play a game yet.

#7 Ragnar_88

Ragnar_88

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

Testudo Maximus said:

G'Day All

Today we had our third game of Dust Warfare . Two of us had played before , the other four were all novices who picked up the game rather quickly. We missed a few special rules here and there but it was just meant as an intro game . Our main focus for Wargames is usually historical or Sci Fi , so tyo play a WWW2 game was a little enjoyable distraction for all of us . We played a 400 pt game with three platoons a side each platoon played by a different person.

Please enjoy some in-game photos , i apologise in advance if they appear too large . You may notice some of  the Axis have had extra webbing and different heads added to add interest to the figures . I painted them in various Late War camouflage for a veteran appearance .

We all had a good game although my Axis were given a right royal flogging by the Allied forces , my thanks to Ragnar for taking the pictures .

cheers Tom

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Testudo Maximus

Testudo Maximus

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

#9 Testudo Maximus

Testudo Maximus

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

#10 blkdymnd

blkdymnd

• Members
  • 959 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

Those are fantastic looking paint jobs!

#11 Testudo Maximus

Testudo Maximus

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

#12 Testudo Maximus

Testudo Maximus

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

#13 Testudo Maximus

Testudo Maximus

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

#14 Testudo Maximus

Testudo Maximus

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:32 PM

#15 Testudo Maximus

Testudo Maximus

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

just a few pic's more to whet the apetite .

The Axis were very easy to paint up , camouflage uniforms hide a myriad of faults  and once pulled apart and reposed they came up ok.

A little trick for adding the extra webbing for a more secure hold cut into the figure slightly so water canteens and ammo  pouches sit flush with the figures contours, the glue will hold much better .

My Axis Walkers were all done the night before the game so a basic drybrush was all i got inished for the game , at some point i will go back and finish the hydraulic rams and add some decals. Ive colour coded the base edges as well so i know who belongs to which squad .

Many thanks to Ragnar  for his pictures and terrain and to Owen and  Greg for supplying the Allies and more terrain.

cheers Tom

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS