Reprint of Series 1 minis

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Springroll

Springroll

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 10:35 PM

I searched the forum but couldn't find any info on this.

I live in Sweden (Stockholm) and here it's all but impossible to find the series one miniatures, most sellers I've contacted seem to believe

that series 1 has been discontinued, is this true?

Appreciate all info on this :-)

Cheers!

#2 Springroll

Springroll

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:32 PM

Anyone?

The Swedish distributer informed me today that the Series One miniatures are no longer available and that they didn't know

if there was going to be a re-issue...

As I've bought the Deluxe edition it's a shame that I can't get hold of more planes from the first series.

#3 TheCurse

TheCurse

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:51 AM

They're still out there...

Just this morning, I checked a canadian website (that ships worldwide) where all "Series 1" models were still available!

#4 lingster

lingster

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:24 AM

yes, you need to go out and look at websites that sell the planes.  Series one is still rampant here in the US.   My local store, which doesn't see on the net has every plane from series 1 and 2 in multiples... 

#5 richRic

richRic

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:40 AM

does anyone know of a uk stockist of the series one models thats still got the full range and the deluxe set ?

#6 aarondpjames

aarondpjames

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:03 AM

Try www.staffordgames.co.uk . I know he has a lot of the aircraft, but i dont think he has the delux set.

#7 Tang86

Tang86

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:55 PM

What is the official word on the next production run and release of Series I models?

When will they be available for purchase in the United States?

I am seeing them sold out at my LGS and online (the ones that I want are sold out).

Please FFG - any word on this? I am a loyal customer having the Famous Aces and the Watch Your Back boxed editions of WoW.

#8 Vulcan Jedi

Vulcan Jedi

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:50 PM

I, too, would like to see reprints. The Fokker Dr.1's can't be found anywhere anymore.

I had the chance to get into this game last summer when the series 1 planes were still available and plentiful. Kicking myself now :(

VJ

#9 SHVAK

SHVAK

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:28 AM

Our local store still has (can get) Dr.1 models - mind you only the Kempf and Rahn models.

#10 TadPrime

TadPrime

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:10 AM

Same here.  I was able to get everything except Kempf, Rahn and vin Richthofen locally.  Kempf and Rahn were pretty easy to find online.  But the Red Baron's Fokkor is definitely the hard one to find.

#11 LewdDude

LewdDude

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:31 AM

I just purchased the entire series #1 set from a store online last night, so they are still out there.

#12 eliminator

eliminator

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:47 PM

yes, it's true they are available here in the U.S.    i went down to a local hobby store about 10 days ago and picked up the red fokker....he also had kempf and rahn...he told me they were the reprints, hey i don't care, i'm just glad i got a hold of one.   just keep looking they're out there.

#13 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

• Members
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 09:28 PM

my local store still has a selection of series1 planes but thast because the game here in my city is just becomming popular. im going to grab me a few of the ones i dont have b4 they sell out! here in lil ol New Zealand it takes ages for gaming stores to restock their shelves, usually months!

"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader

#14 Rickenbacker

Rickenbacker

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:26 AM

Good news! I just bought the game at Science Fiction-bokhandeln here in Stockholm, and they have a few of the series 1 planes in stock! I bought myself a Rickenbacker (used this nickname all over the web for 15 years, even got the OK to do so from the mans grandson himself, so naturally I had to have that plane :)).

#15 Pour Le Merite

Pour Le Merite

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 08:58 AM

Springroll said:

Anyone?

The Swedish distributer informed me today that the Series One miniatures are no longer available and that they didn't know

if there was going to be a re-issue...

As I've bought the Deluxe edition it's a shame that I can't get hold of more planes from the first series.

Well, SF bokhandeln had some this spring at least, got them at GothCon myself. But if you can't find any you can always do as I do for the odder planes (like Fokker EIII, DH2 aand more) and order metal planes instead from here: www.skytrex.com/ The Wow models are nicely painted of course and with the right cards but if you can't find them the Red eagle planes are not bad either.

Oh, and if you live close to Malmö, send me a message, we are always looking for more pilots to our campaigns :)

#16 Pour Le Merite

Pour Le Merite

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:06 AM

The_Brown_Bomber said:

my local store still has a selection of series1 planes but thast because the game here in my city is just becomming popular. im going to grab me a few of the ones i dont have b4 they sell out! here in lil ol New Zealand it takes ages for gaming stores to restock their shelves, usually months!

It is the same here, the best way is to buy stuff over the net instead. You can buy any Wow model from the official store and you can buy planes in the same scale if you want something that isn't made yet (I reccomend Skytrex or Reviresco for odder planes). Heck, I even find a place where they sell my favorite plane (Fokker DVI, I bet Wow never make one of those).

Many of the odder planes were used by aces, Like Boelkes Fokker DIII or Udets Fokker DII (He had a plate looking like an observer back to confuse the enemy :) But they are hard if not impossible to find and Wow is not gonna make them as long as they don't have many important planes that was made in huge numbers.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS