Where's the Xenos?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Corrinmana

Corrinmana

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

FF, please make a Xenos-centric game. Obviously, Eldar is iconic. Tao would be cool to.

FF Forum members, show support for this.

#2 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

Orks, Kroot, and Dark Eldar are all playable in Rogue Trader.

I hope we get a Craftworld Eldar game next. If you can wait, check out my rules for playing them over in Black Crusade: House Rules.

My apologies to anyone I offend; FFG staff, playtesters, and forum users alike. 

Please check out my Dark Heresy to Only War conversion! You can find it on the main Only War forum. I'm always looking for more people to playtest it!

#3 Morangias

Morangias

• Members
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

Technically, only Kroot and Orks are playable right now, as the book containing the Dark Eldar career hasn't been published yet.

I wouldn't mind an all-Eldar game, though Dark Eldar interest me much more than their CW brethren.

There is no truth in flesh, only betrayal.

There is no strenght in flesh, only weakness.
There is no constancy in flesh, only decay.
There is no certainty in flesh but death.

#4 PnPgamer

PnPgamer

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:20 AM

I wondered that if FFG has gone through the inquisition acolytes, the rogue traders, deathwatch, and then the black crusade, what else there is left? Logical choice would be xenos, and under that eldar, tau or  are the most logical option. Or that the series ends in black crusade, while FFG factories splat books.

#5 Illithid00

Illithid00

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

PnPgamer said:

I wondered that if FFG has gone through the inquisition acolytes, the rogue traders, deathwatch, and then the black crusade, what else there is left? Logical choice would be xenos, and under that eldar, tau or  are the most logical option. Or that the series ends in black crusade, while FFG factories splat books.

Well, there's Only War at least. I wouldn't be surprised if the next thing we see after that is Dark Heresy 2nd Edition rather than a xenos game line.

#6 Alpha Chaos 13

Alpha Chaos 13

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:00 AM

Replied under Rogue Trader.

#7 Morangias

Morangias

• Members
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:10 AM

By the way, with the new Aptitudes system introduced in Only War, and with all the bits of rules scattered across all the lines, I can put together an all-Xenos campaign in a day or two.

#8 Neberu

Neberu

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

Do so, preferebly with Necron stats.

#9 DarkWinds

DarkWinds

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

Not sure if an 'all xenos' group would be any more viable than trying to cobble together a group of Imperials and Chaos because they're humans. Certainly can't imagine that there's much roleplay potential in playing a Necron, they'd just want to flay everyone else alive heh.

Eldar Corsair's might be a good way for FFG to go though. As pirates I can imagine them taking on all sorts of free-loaders as advisers and mercenaries. Humans of every stripe and Tau (Perhaps for the Far-sight Enclave? Not much is known about them and it could be a great opportunity for some original fluff) would easily fit and I imagine an Ork Freebooter could be suitably restrained and unleashed for boarding actions or to lend weight to the party when it has to descend onto those filthy disease infested gravity wells people like to live on so much.

Another option is to be really bold and create a Pirates and Raiders game covering many more races, but to do that well I think the book would need to be a foot thick and require you to travel to the factory to view it. he danger being that in trying to please everyone they end up pleasing no one.

DW

#10 Morangias

Morangias

• Members
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

DarkWinds said:

Certainly can't imagine that there's much roleplay potential in playing a Necron, they'd just want to flay everyone else alive heh.

You haven't read the new Necron codex, have you? Right now, Necrons are ruled by their mad, but otherwise fully sapient and developed Lords. Normal warriors are still practically automatons, but you could play a game about the royal court.

Also, there already is a "Pirates and Raiders game covering many races". It's called Rogue Trader.

#11 DarkWinds

DarkWinds

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:48 AM

A game about the Necron leadership? Sounds a bit naff to me. And Rogue Trader is hardly brimming with xeno's either, or specifically piratical for that matter… A game focused on the Eldar would be much easier to lever in lots of races when compared to the Imperium. And the best Eldar candidates for that.. the Corsairs. Better than Craftworlds anyway.

DW

#12 TheHeavenlyLily

TheHeavenlyLily

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

Iyanden lists heavily to her side. Those great domes are cracked the wraithbone core is in anguish the Infinity Circuit is unstable the soul of the craftworld is in danger. You stand in the Hall of Everlasting Light that basks in the radiance of the Infinity Circuit. Before you is one of the few remaining Farseers. The last hope of your home and potentially your race hangs in the balance. You are gathered from the Aspect Shrines, Guardians and the Seer Council. Your soulstones burn with the fury of righteous anger at this alien invaders. You will hold the line until Yriel is in position to reinforce the defenders from the Tyranids.

In the halls of Commorragh of rolling darkness your Kabal gathers to plot its next move against their rivals. They have fallen on hard times with a devastating loss of one of their raiding parties and several ships. A message was delivered to them by Vect by a Scourge Princess known as Blood Talon. The Archon has her imprisoned and her tortured screams are amplified and radiated into the air to torment the rest of them. They plan something else. Vect has held his wrath in check allowing the Kabal to infiltrate their tower. Assassinate their archon. Rescue the Scourge. The rewards. The slaves and souls they are given, but only with success. Failure will be much worse than death.

Those are the games I would run with an Eldar book.

#13 Seeten

Seeten

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:52 AM

I'd play those games. Especially Iyanden. I run Iyanden in tabletop even. =)

#14 Morangias

Morangias

• Members
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

DarkWinds said:

A game about the Necron leadership? Sounds a bit naff to me. 

The night sky lightens up with arcs of green energy as another rank of warriors enters the fray. Observing the battle from the height of your sky chariot, you can barely see the combatants below. It doesn't matter. These creatures, these so-called "humans", are made of weak flesh and armed with primitive weapons. They stand no chance against the cold hatred of the Necrontyr. You could crush these interlopers in one fell swoop. Sear the flesh off their bones, level their cities with a wave of a hand, obliterate the very memory of their filthy presence from the face of your sacred homeland.

Yet, you stay your hand. You have a plan. The Cryptek, untrustworthy as he may be, let you in on a secret divined from tapping into enemy communication. The interlopers expect help. A whole ship of their elite warriors called Angels of Death is en route to reclaim the planet in the name of their puny god. You have heard of these warriors. When Anrakyr the Traveler visited your court three cycles ago, he spoke of powerful creatures clad in metal and armed with primitive yet powerful weaponry. Creatures so fierce in battle, they could destroy entire ranks of his metal warriors. If they arrive, they may well turn the tide in favor of the invaders.

That's exactly what you need.

Your overlord has gone mad and feeble, numerous resurrections weighing heavily on his ancient psyche. He's not fit to rule anymore. You are. The Cryptek understands this. So does the chief of the Triarch Praetorian guard. And so does your loved one. Aeons have passed since the last time you shared the intimacy of flesh, but the cold metal of your current husks is but a temporary setback for your mutual affection, so deeply ingrained into your cogitative circuits that no amount of time could damage it. The four of you form the core of the conspiracy, but other lords are too dim, too hidebound, too resigned to see the wisdom of your cause.

You will make them see it.

Let the so-called Angels of Death arrive. Let them send wave after wave of warriors and Immortals back into resurrection chambers. Let them make the other Lords remember the fear of defeat. Only then will you make your move. You know well you can defeat the Angels, just like you defeated the Eldar, the Krork and their makers, time after time, from when the galaxy itself was young until this very night. You are the brightest strategist your Dynasty has ever seen, and you have seen more war in your time than all the human race combined.

Who else would make a better Phaeron in this time of strife?

#15 crisaron

crisaron

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:11 AM

Gitz the big one want's meat! We must kill squids! Ok? Or one of us is meat for the big one!

- a Gretching game!

#16 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 810 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

Dark Eldar game has been my dream since before Deathwatch came out. I will run a game about an upstart kabal once Soul Reaver comes out.

Craftworld Eldar would also be lovely, if only because I really want to play a Warp Spider or a Striking Scorpion.

And this is the first time I've seen someone other than me suggest a Necron game. A young Lord, his Lychguard, a Cryptek, a mercenary Deathmark, and a Praetorian rooted in the old ways all running around trying to start their own dynasty.

My apologies to anyone I offend; FFG staff, playtesters, and forum users alike. 

Please check out my Dark Heresy to Only War conversion! You can find it on the main Only War forum. I'm always looking for more people to playtest it!

#17 Morangias

Morangias

• Members
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:51 AM

Plushy said:

And this is the first time I've seen someone other than me suggest a Necron game.

I've been demanding a Necron Lord career for RT ever since their new 'dex came out. Combined with the upcoming Sadistic Vampire Elves in Space, Undead Robot Egyptians in Space would make me feel complete.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS