Non-Dust vehicles

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Dirtie Deeds

Dirtie Deeds

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:06 PM

Hi all. I've looked around the forums and haven't found an answer to this. What are the steps to take to add non-Dust vehicles to Dust. Such as artillery pieces, tanks, or transports? Haven't played Warfare yet, just getting into Tactics but I plan on trying it out soon and want to bring in more vehicles.

#2 Azrell

Azrell

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

There is no official way to add non-dust. Although infantry 1 and armor 1 in warfare are reserved for civilians/no body armor and transport vehicles, but they have never been released. 

#3 BDub

BDub

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:40 AM

FFG is leaving that up to the community and the gaming groups.  They were kind enough to leave slots in the armor table to accomodate this, as well as including the Tracks and Wheeled USRs.

#4 Major Malfunction

Major Malfunction

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:00 AM

Basically what you will need to do is to define the characteristics for the vehicles you want. They will need:

Movement

Type

Damage Capacity

Weapon stat line(s) if they are armed.

Any Special Abilities (Fast, Damage Resliient, etc)

A good rule of thumb would be to look for existing vehicles that are close to what you want and base your stats on that. Also, the descriptions in the Vehicle Types on Pg 21 give a good idea of what you should pick.

Lastly, point values must be established. Again, comparing to comparable vehicles already in use is a good start. Lean towards costing slightly more than the established models of comparable capabilities.

Example:

M10 Tank Destroyer    Points: 35

Move: 6

Type: Vehicle 3

Damage Capacity: 4

Weapons: 3" M7 Gun (turret) and .50 cal Victory machine gun (turret).

Special Abilities: Fast, Tracks

Weapon name   Range   T1  T2  T3  T4   V1  V2  V3  V4  V5  V6  V7   A1  A2  A3

3" M7 Gun             36"        6/1 4/1 2/1 1/1 6/1 6/1 5/1 5/1 4/1 4/1 3/1    --   --   --

.50 cal Victory       16"        6/1 3/1 1/1  ---  2/1 1/1 1/1  --  --  --  --  --       --   --   --

#5 BDub

BDub

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

Mack suggested to me last weekend that there might be a point formula available to the community in the future, but nothing definite.  (hint, hint FFG).

OH, and FYI.  Wednesday was Mack last day at FFG.  Hes off to work on Malifaux I believe.

#6 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

BDub said:

Mack suggested to me last weekend that there might be a point formula available to the community in the future, but nothing definite.  (hint, hint FFG).

OH, and FYI.  Wednesday was Mack last day at FFG.  Hes off to work on Malifaux I believe.

So who's taking over DW?  First Andy, now Mack. Damn!

#7 thejughead

thejughead

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

Shadow4ce said:

BDub said:

It would not surprise me that he was only on as a contractor to see the initial release and SSU book (now on the boat).

#8 BDub

BDub

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

My understanding is that he is not leaving them high and dry,  they have quite a bit of material front loaded for the next year or two - which is great news. I was assured they are in good shape for the future.

#9 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:58 AM

thejughead said:

Shadow4ce said:

It would not surprise me that he was only on as a contractor to see the initial release and SSU book (now on the boat).

Actually, I'm sure that's how Andy was involved, but I was under the impression Mack was FFG staff before the DW project. 

#10 BDub

BDub

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

He was, he also worked on the Rogue Trader RPG.

#11 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

BDub said:

My understanding is that he is not leaving them high and dry,  they have quite a bit of material front loaded for the next year or two - which is great news. I was assured they are in good shape for the future.

I sincerely hope they weren't feeding you a line here, because really, what else could they possibly say? 

#12 BDub

BDub

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:03 PM

Well, I only talked to Mack.  And I am certain he doesn't want to burn any bridges and he is personally invested in D:W continuing to do well with his name on it - so i am fairly confident in the information he gave me.

#13 Dirtie Deeds

Dirtie Deeds

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:47 AM

Thanks for the detailed reply Major. I'm not implementing this right away but it'll be good to keep in mind. Cheers

#14 Major Malfunction

Major Malfunction

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

Sure thing. I'm interested in adding in some 'historic' vehicles myself, and I've seen some other posts saying as much on other forums as well.

It would be fun to take on a few T-34s with Ludwigs and Lothars. :)

#15 DougE

DougE

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:34 AM

Thought I would step in here and say that I'm glad there are others here that are looking for tanks and such as well.  While I have yet to try out the game, only have the rulebook atm, I do come from a WWII gaming background…mainly in 6mm scale.  Thus the idea of having a Tiger II, Panther, IS-2 or IS-3, in the game would be great fun.  I like the look of the mini's and walkers too and having some tanks would make for a fun battle for sure

#16 em_en_oh_pee

em_en_oh_pee

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

I am working on Dust Warfare cards (thanks to 536RodneySmith) for historical and Dust-altered variants of historical tanks/vehicles. 

Check them out on our forums and feel free to add any input, etc. When I am done compiling, we can put together a nice fan-made booklet with them in it. Should be a fun, community-building project.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS