Good Chapter packs to start with

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 docdoom77

docdoom77

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

Just bought the game last week to play with a my brother and my gf.  We're enjoying it and I have the deluxe expansions for the main four houses coming in the mail, but I'm not sure where to start with chapter packs.  There's a great deal to choose from.  Are there any packs that contain "must have" cards?  Is there a way to tell which packs help out which houses?  Thanks for any info.

#2 Penfold

Penfold

• Members
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:44 AM

If you play mostly melee (multiplayer) I'd suggest the latest complete cycle Tale of Champions. It includes really fun cards for melee, new plots, and some pretty neat cards in general for all the houses (gives a nice boost to Targaryen which if you are just playing core and expansions is probably one of the weaker houses).

I wouldn't say it is the best cycle per se, but it includes a fair number of really helpful cards.

Now if you play mainly joust (1v1) then King's Landing is probably one of the best cycles to grab.

#3 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:43 AM

I also think the Brotherhood without Banners is a fantastic supplementary cycle to each house.

#4 docdoom77

docdoom77

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

I'll check those ones out then.  Thanks!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS