Looking to round up some players for a RT or DH game near Portland, Oregon

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Ravager

Ravager

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

Hello, I am moving into the Portland area in a few weeks and I am looking to see if anyone in the area is interested in getting together for a Rogue Trader or Dark Heresy game.   Wouldn't turn down anyone interested in conecting online either.

#2 Neberu

Neberu

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

North Portland or South Portland. I live in the Salem area so it makes a difference.

#3 Rhal

Rhal

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:21 PM

I would be interested, but would probably be limited to once a month - and get the wife's permission.

#4 Hrafn

Hrafn

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:34 PM

Like said above - North or South Portland is important. East and West can be important too depending on if any players are MAX riders. Either way I'm possibly interested.

#5 Rhal

Rhal

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:32 PM

I live out in Troutdale, but the other people I game with twice a month live in Damscus. Personally, I would prefer somewhere on the east side. 

#6 Ravager

Ravager

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

I am planning to move into Wilsonville, if not then some where in the southern part of Portland.

#7 SomVone

SomVone

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

Yeah, I'm totally down. Location would be nice to know though.

If more people would be needed you could check out the Ordo Fanaticus forums, they're a big 40k organizer in Portland. More tabletop and BFG than the RPGs but it could have something.

#8 Lionus

Lionus

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 11:18 PM

I live in Tacoma, and am very interested in either a Dark Heresy or Rogue Trader campaign, but as it's a 2 hour trip (one way), logistics could be difficult.

#9 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 06:22 AM

Lionus said:

I live in Tacoma, and am very interested in either a Dark Heresy or Rogue Trader campaign, but as it's a 2 hour trip (one way), logistics could be difficult.

I feel for you. It's about the same for me coming from JBLM/Dupont.  Of course, I'm only about 15 minutes from Tacoma…

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody!

#10 Lionus

Lionus

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

HappyDaze said:

Lionus said:

I feel for you. It's about the same for me coming from JBLM/Dupont.  Of course, I'm only about 15 minutes from Tacoma…

Coolio, so do you wana try and figure out something for South Puget Sound?

#11 Ravager

Ravager

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 09:56 AM

The place I will be living is overflowing with people, so do any of you know of a game store that can be reached by more people?  

#12 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 4,821 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

Lionus said:

HappyDaze said:

Lionus said:

Coolio, so do you wana try and figure out something for South Puget Sound?

Private message sent.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody!

#13 Lionus

Lionus

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

oooh! La la, (faux Georgian accent) I do declare! I'm 'a gona check that out right now.

#14 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:15 AM

Ravager said:

The place I will be living is overflowing with people, so do any of you know of a game store that can be reached by more people?  

Check out Guardian Games (a few blocks South of Burnside and a few blocks East of the river- the two Universal Points of Reference in Portland). They have a ton of gaming tables in the back of the store.

http://www.ggportland.com/

#15 Hrafn

Hrafn

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:52 PM

Ravager said:

GG is the goto spot for most Portlanders I think at this point. For the people who said South of Portland (one or two I think) then Ancient Wonders is the spot of choice. Closer than Portland, and Portlanders don't need to drive there if they don't want. (MAX to WES and a short jaunt across the street).

GG has 'more people', but AW I would say has "more potential for people" - at least south of Portland simply because it's less time for them to travel. I run into people all the time from Portland, Salem, Newberg, Tualatin, Beaverton, Hillsboro, and a bunch of other places in AW. In GG I generally see portlanders, and vancouverites - with only the occasional somebody from elsewhere, but there are more in general. It's a tradeoff really and it could just be the crowds I'm hitting. YMMV.

If you live in portland proper, I would say GG is the place to be. If you live south of Portland, AW could be a good idea as it's sort of 'in the middle' for everybody - which is the best way to include everyone. It's tiny as hell though.

In the end, you will find that the area has a pretty big and active community. There is pretty much ALWAYS something happening in the gaming community here. Finding players no matter where you are will never be much of an issue if you know where to look.

#16 Ravager

Ravager

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:18 AM

Awsome, thats all good to know.  I have been stuck in the south for a few years now and finding anyone interested in playing something other than D&D isnt easy.

#17 Ferau

Ferau

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

I live in SE Portland and I'm definitely up for a DH game. I've got a couple of friends who may be interested too.

We also know Portland pretty well if you're new to town, the southeast is pretty awesome.

EDIT: Especially if you like beer.

#18 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:03 AM

Ferau said:

EDIT: Especially if you like beer.

Ravager said something about coming from 'the South', where carbonated water with a slight yellowish tinge is considered 'beer'. He may be in for an education when he hits the Craft Beer Capitol of the World…

#19 Ferau

Ferau

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

PDX is funny, considering how its the craft beer capitol of the world AND everybody here drinks PBR.

But, I digress.

Ravager! Contact me and there shall be awesome 40K gaming going on around here. I'm in dire need, I haven't been able to organize a regular DH game since I've been in Portland. 

#20 Ravager

Ravager

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

Sounds like alot to look forward to!  I bought the books almost three years ago and have been itching to actually them.  Right now they just sit on a shelf unless I feel the need to read through a section.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS