Painting ze Zjermans

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nao

Nao

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:19 AM

I picked up the brush once more. I did some more research since I'd already forgotten how to paint the first ones I did. :) Luckily the web is a treasure trove of info posted by people who really did proper research on the real thing.

Although a wild mix of all SS camouflage patterns is more realistic I decided to stick with one pattern. I am painting an army and I do want to have some unity in the force. I went with M42 Plane Tree Fall Camouflage for the troops. I mixed it up with Fieldgray pants and shirts here and there and the armor is painted with good old German Grey.

Not sure about my vehicles. Middlestone (Sand) vehicles with Green/Brown Camo is most realistic but for unity I think I will choose German Grey with Middlestone (Sand) camo on top. I believe that will tie together the troops and the vehicles. The heavy troops will be treated as vehicles.

Listed below the pics of the first finished squad + the real thing those soldiers wore.

I hope you like !

#2 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

Those look very nice!

#3 Etna''s Vassal

Etna''s Vassal

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

Looking good there! I wish I had the patience to paint camoflauge that intricate on soldiers that small!

#4 Shadow4ce

Shadow4ce

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

Etna''s Vassal said:

Looking good there! I wish I had the patience to paint camoflauge that intricate on soldiers that small!

Which is exactly why my 15mm FoW Fallschirmjäger Platoon has been half-finished on individual golf tees for 3 years. Anything smaller than 28mm has no chance for me to finish it anymore. And I'm buying the premium versions for Dust Warfare, as I've got way too many WM/Hordes models in my current painting queue. 

#5 Nao

Nao

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:41 AM

Thanks for the feedback peeps !!

I just finished my second squad, the Battle Grenadiers. I am very much enjoying painting these guys. The plan is to first paint a 150pt German army and then follow that up with a 150pt Allies army.

I am also halfway through the Laser Grenadiers. Next will be the command quad, the snipsers and the spotter team. And when that's all done I'll try my hand on the vehicles.

#6 Nao

Nao

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:15 AM

I have just finished my Laser Grenadiers. I decided to paint the weapons and powerpacks Middlestone, much like the Panzerfausts and yellow that goes on german Panzers.

Next are the Kommandotrupp, The Beobachter team, the Snipers and Sigfrid. Bots will be done when I get the chance to learn to airbrush :D It's turning into an army yet !

[/img]

#7 Tanker

Tanker

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:25 PM

Outstanding!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS